5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Once in a while you find a book that actually takes your life and says - yeah this is going to change it. This book did that to me. I have made huge strides with both my grumpiness and my depression since reading this. It might not make the same effect of you, but it's changed mine around.

Really recommended.
Published on 17 May 2010 by F. Valentine

3.0 out of 5 stars Stressed just trying to read it?!
I have tried to pick this book up a few times now but is a bit ott.
Looks like it covers all My needs and should be comprehensive, but just a bit too big a book?!?
That said I understand it has helped other people.
Was bought on recommendation !
Published on 13 Jan. 2012 by Redwozzer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 May 2010

Really recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A TRULY FANTASTIC READ!, 29 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Anger Management For Dummies (UK Edition) (Paperback)
Step by step anger management - with real attention to detail - the author doesn't skim over anything, but carefully deals with each and every minor aspect of the subject! A great buy! Can identify with this UK English version a lot more than other U.S. equivalents!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 10 Feb. 2014
Worth reading. Like many people, having lost my rag on more than a few occasions over the years (and sometimes over some ridiculously petty matters in hindsight), I decided that I wasn't doing myself (or those around me) any favours. This book made me view things differently and provided me with some really useful tips, such as stop ruminating, consider the consequences, ask don't demand and have a positive outlook on situations where necessary/appropriate.

I can honestly say that since reading this I haven't had a single "strop" although in the past I probably would have done!

If you're reading the reviews on this book, chances are you already know you may have anger issues. My advice is to read it, you have nothing to lose and plenty to gain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the investment..., 1 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Anger Management For Dummies (UK Edition) (Paperback)
A very useful book to dip in and out of. This book has helped me both in my professional life as a physiotherapist and in my personal life as a mother of two.

I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to beat anger in their life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 30 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Anger Management For Dummies (UK Edition) (Paperback)
Very well presented and easy reading. A lot of sense and good tips for anger control. Would recommend this book.
Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful down-to-earth advice, 5 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Anger Management For Dummies (UK Edition) (Paperback)
Really useful book with great down-to-earth advice from professionals but without psycho babble or patronising 'count to 10' suggestions! Helped me revise my outlook on life and learn to control my angry outbursts! I would strongly recommend it to anyone that feels they might have anger / stress management or passive-aggressive issues!

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful for Anger management, 3 Oct. 2013
Was sceptical but have to say this is really helpful if you want to bring your anger under control. We'll worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book written with me in mind..., 9 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Anger Management For Dummies (UK Edition) (Paperback)
I don't usually do product reviews on Amazon. Unsure if I've ever, come to think of it. Anyway, I'm 50 pages in to this book and already I'm feeling a huge sense of relief and, I'm sorry to say, guilt. For so long I've been an angry man, and for lots of different reasons. Reasons up until now have made so much sense to me and have reinforced my behaviour. People have suffered. My family, my friends, my colleagues. Change cannot happen overnight, but a commitment to change can. And this is what I'm committing to do; change. The authors of this book need to be commended for what they've written as their insights cut across so many different issues. And I finally understand what's at the core of my condition; anger.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Worked For Me!, 4 Aug. 2011
Big Bry "Big Bry" (Peterborough United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anger Management For Dummies (UK Edition) (Paperback)
It did. Truly. It is an easy to follow book that takes you step by step through the processes of how anger develops, triggers and situations etc. You don't need to read through the book to start gaining benefits from it. The very first chapter makes so much sense that your mind starts to open up as to why you needed to buy the book in the first place.

In my opinion it is an excellent book and I can't praise it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by the "Dummies" part of title., 30 April 2012
This review is from: Anger Management For Dummies (UK Edition) (Paperback)
This book has really helped me change my bad tempered ways! My Wife agrees too. You don't have to read it cover to cover, but I did anywway, and have since lent it to a friend who's having issues, he's already giving me good feedback about it too. If you've got to the point where you can admit you have a temper problem, you're part way there, this book will help you along the rest of the way. I ended up reading it in less than 2 weeks, which is fast for a working Dad of two! I'd never read any For Dummies books before, but I'd certainly try any others now, it's well written and thoughtfully laid out. It goes right under the bonnet of anger, and deals with anything you can think of to do with the causes (usually YOU lol). Highly recommend, it helped save my marriage, and that's no lie!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Anger Management For Dummies (UK Edition)
Anger Management For Dummies (UK Edition) by W. Doyle Gentry (Paperback - 1 April 2010)