Stress and Pheromonatherapy in Small Animal Clinical Behaviour
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£44.60+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 15 September 2013
Excited as I was at the publication of this book, I still found I was steeling myself as I turned to the front page of what I assumed would be a typically "dry" academic text.

I was delighted to discover that this book was nothing of the kind. The authors have done an astounding job of packaging some of the most up-to-date research on the thorny issue of stress in the domestic pet into an interesting, informative and highly enjoyable book.

Clear explanations of both the rationale and application of treatment protocols for common (and less common) behaviour problems make this a bookshelf-essential for anyone involved in training and behaviour modification, from students to seasoned professionals. I couldn't recommend it any more highly. Buy this book: you won't regret it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 28 April 2014
I had expected this text to be an advert for the two products available as pheromonoatherapy eg Feliway and Adaptil. However, I found it to be a very readable text on the many behaviour problems that can be encountered in companion animals and where pheromonatherapy may work and also importantly when it wont. With thorough evidence to back this up.

Although it doesn't purport to be, I found this one of the better books that describes problem behaviours and how to address modifying those behaviours. Detailing common problems and usefully how to develop behaviour modification programs with the support of owners.

The authors recommend this for veterinary practitioners I would extend this to include behaviourists and anyone working with animals particulaly those in rescue situations where animals may be suffering from stress.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again