5.0 out of 5 stars New Heights
Published on 20 Aug. 2010 by Tim Downes

1.0 out of 5 stars Was hoping for much more...
A rather basic and anecdotal book.... As someone who wishes to purse life coaching as a career, this was a big disappointment for me....
Published 14 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars New Heights, 20 Aug. 2010
Tim Downes (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life Coaching For Dummies (Paperback)
This second edition of Life Coaching for Dummies coaches you to even higher levels of personal achievement. I found the new chapters particularly invigorating as Jeni explains such key components of true happiness and success as acceptance, gratitude, positivity, personal strengths, overcoming procrastination and perhaps most importantly of all living right NOW. Jeni's writing continues to flourish with each passing book. I found the exercise on resistance particularly useful as the questions helped me free me to empower one of my own limiting believes.

A book of great value to coaches, their clients and anyone seeking personal improvement.

Tim Downes - True Results Guide

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging and Inspiring, 22 Sept. 2010
I bought the 2nd edition of "Life Coaching For Dummies." Jeni Purdie is an inspiring writer, with an easy-to-read style. Don't be fooled by this - the content digs deep and gets to the core. She encouraged me to look at myself and decide where I want to go. She's a terrific guide; her book has inspired me to take control and look forward to achieving my full potential.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating to read, easy to use!, 6 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Life Coaching For Dummies (Paperback)
This book is so accessible! I had no previous knowledge of life coaching, but this book is divided into clear chapters which deal with what they say they will, and are subdivided into sections that attract the eye and do not deter the reader. The little activities and questionaires all the way through help you to really start to analyse your life, and given that seeing a life coach can cost you over £50 an hour, this book is fantastic value for money. This book will help you to examine inhibiting thought processes, realise your potential, and hopefully to act to make changes towards leading a happier and more fulfilled life. If you are ready to embark on the journey of self-discovery, or perhaps want to assist someone else on their journey, then this book will be a great help. It doesn't do any of us any harm to re-evaluate our lives once in a while, and with Jeni Purdie's positive, encouraging and down-to-earth writing style this book is the ideal guide to doing just this.

5.0 out of 5 stars LIFE COACH JENI PURDIE IS NO DUMMY, 25 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Life Coaching For Dummies (Paperback)
1. INTRODUCTION - I approached this review as a person who has been interested in Psychology/Self help since the age of 15 (now the princely age of 43!) Though I have read many books on many subjects I had never read anything specific about Life Coaching. So I read this book as a relative novice.

2. "CONTENTS AT A GLANCE" - is like a map of the quest ahead. Gives me a mental framework of what to expect and where I'm going in my reading. Very helpful indeed.

3. STYLE - Jeni writes in a conversational style minimising jargon wherever possible. Concepts are expressed with clarity and precision in laypersons terms. This is no snooty academic tome wreathed in pompous language that distorts and confuses as much as it clarifies. Jeni does not "preach" from on high but rather writes from her personal experience of one who is continuing to make the journey herself and thus this book is filled with Compassion and Encouragement.

4. LAYOUT - I really like the visual layout of the book. Symbols for "Remember" and "Tip" etc are visually appealing and consistently applied. Fonts are carefully chosen giving a relaxed feel to proceedings.

5. THE NEW CHAPTERS IN THE 2ND EDITION - "Attracting The Life You Want" - introduces more significant issues for the reader's reflection: "The Art Of Acceptance" and being aware of when we resist and block what Life is wanting to give to us. So that by making positive choices we can make the most of the opportunities that life presents. Ps It was very interesting to read of the work of Martin Segilman regarding positive psychology.

6. CONCLUSION - Life Coaching For Dummies (2nd Edition) is a thorough informative guide written in an accessible style full of compassion for the fragilities of our human nature. More than that it is a Beacon to encourage and yes challenge us to persevere on this journey toward self awareness and purpose. I wholeheartedly recommend this book to you all. Buy yourself a copy. Then buy another to give to a friend! Let's make this book a Bestseller! Congratulations Jeni. A job very well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Down to earth tools and lessons, 4 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Life Coaching For Dummies (Paperback)
So I'm not a life coach, but I did have an interest and when the original edition of this book was published I found it very accessible and digestible. This revised edition is chock full of useful information, exercises and tools to anyone with a self exploratory bent. Highly commended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, 'do-able' advice, 18 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Life Coaching For Dummies (Paperback)
As in all 'Dummies', I like the way it is laid out. Jeni gives practical tips that are commonsense and with practice can be achieved. This book is not just for people aiming to be life coaches but for people who are seeking to get some sense and order into their very busy lives, not forgetting the ability to have fun and SMILE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic reference book, workbook, life companion, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Life Coaching For Dummies (Paperback)
Great book to help you figure out what's important to you, what's working and not working in your life and how to go about getting from where you are to where you want to be.

I love how you can dip in and out of different sections as you need them although of course if you have time it's probably good to start with some of the more foundational stuff I love that you don't have to. The exercises are all really good and I love that it's non-directional and doesn't try to force any particular philosophy or ideal way of life or fixing your life on you - it really does what it promises and helps you find ways of living a more fulfilling life - whatever that means to you.

I've already recommended and bought this book for others and can imagine myself coming back to this book time and time again throughout my life - couldn't be happier with it :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Life coaching for Dummies, 22 May 2011
This review is from: Life Coaching For Dummies (Paperback)
An excellent book to read and refer back to at later stages. I started to read it from beginnning right to end, but you can pick and choose chapters to read. The book has been written really well. When i read it, i feel as if the author is beside me and talking to me directly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Was hoping for much more..., 29 Jan. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to read, 30 July 2013
This review is from: Life Coaching For Dummies (Paperback)
The book is great. Jeni Purdie explains everything in simple words and steps. It is motivational and inspiring. I also like the layout of the book, where she seems to refer you to the next chapter, which could be of more interest to you.

Life Coaching For Dummies
Life Coaching For Dummies by Jeni Purdie (Paperback - 28 July 2010)