Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 February 2014
I bought this book for quick revision of neurology concepts, but find it doesn't work for me. The short, concise sections appear good for quick revision, but the book is actually more useful if read from beginning to end. For example, diagrams and text are laden with abbreviations that are sometimes listed in the glossary, but sometimes not. On a couple of occasions, I have tried to refresh my memory of a concept, but found myself spending too much time trying to work out what an abbreviation meant and how it related to the concept.

On a positive note, some of the diagrams are clear and useful; especially given the complex nature of neurology.

The book isn't completely awful, but I would prefer not to have spent the money on it, as I usually end up using other sources for the information after becoming frustrated.
on 20 July 2013
Really great & precise. Perfect for brushing up on material.
Also, the added pharmacology is great!
Good buy.
Definitely recommended for students wanting to get ahead.
on 13 October 2014
Everything you need to know about the nervous system in a small book. very helpful if you are looking for general information, or you want to revise....
on 20 October 2013
As I had never studied the brain before and was studying this alone I was happy the book was easy for me to follow and understand.
on 21 April 2015
Some excellent pictures and as a lecturer is very useful to be able to use the online resources. The flash cards are really handy
on 8 December 2014
Book was as expected; waited long than I'd hoped for its arrival, altho it was at the end of specified time period.
on 30 December 2015
Not quite as good as the Cardiovascular or Respiratory editions but still serves as a helpful review book.
on 14 September 2014
Good overview, but buy ICT neuroanatomy book instead-more comprehensive.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2015
Arrived safely and well packaged.
on 23 August 2013
A well illustrated, comprehensive and concise work recommended to me by the hospital Librarian when I asked her for a good introductory book on nerve cells and systems. I looked at it and ordered my copy.