5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading
Before reading this book I found unit testing to be a chore, which I would rather have avoided, given the choice. Why write a hundred lines of code, when you can get the same thing done with a single line?

Published on 26 Oct 2012 by Stephen Oberauer

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
C# is not javascript.
Published 7 days ago by D. Weston

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 26 Oct 2012
This review is from: Professional Test Driven Development with C#: Developing Real World Applications with TDD (Wrox Professional Guides) (Paperback)

The book starts by explaining all the principles for writing quality code, and how they relate to unit testing. Principles like single responsibility, don't repeat yourself, dependency injection, mocking, etc. I had heard of and used many of them before, but I didn't really understand how they all fitted together and aided testing.

Having read this book, I now have a new appreciation for writing tests. I feel like I don't even want to look at my old code, which, while it took only days to write, is a bit like a Casio, compared to the Rolex that it could have been.

Every new piece of code takes all of these principles into account, and I feel particularly proud of the quality of my creations.

Stephen Oberauer
Author of The Mischievous Nerd's Guide to World Domination

4.0 out of 5 stars Good place to start testing with .NET, 14 Jan 2013
I'm new to TDD and bought this book to cover the fundamentals. I think that I've got everything covered. Based on this book I started using unit tests in my actual projects and I'm glad I did. The book explains not just the technical view of testing (like what attributes your test class should have), but also the business client need for testing and how those two are related - a very interesting aspect.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 13 Dec 2014