I had got behind with networking technology and wanted to get back upto speed so that we could make use of the new superfast 11n broadband as it has just become available in our area. This book told me all I wanted to know and was espechially good at showing how to secure WiFi networks. My only problem was finding what I wanted to know but as it is a big book covering everything to do with every sort of network I suppose this was to be expected. However, if you want to know anything about networks this book pretty much covers it as it is today (April 2011). These books tend to go out of date quite quickly as technology moves on so check the publication date when buying any computer book / manual as technology does not stand still for long. Generally a good book trying to do everything which it just about achieves but be prepared to do some digging to find what you want!
on 5 January 2011
Being a network novice i found this book to be invaluable in my understanding of the many key terms linked with the topic. It even gave me a little more enthusiasm for the subject, after i had grown to hate it. A very worthwhile buy for someone who is new to networks or just wants some more information, this book covers a lot of topics.
on 13 April 2013
As with the whole series of these books, they are an easy read and very informative.
This makes them good for quick reference when needed.
It takes you from the real basics building up to advanced networking.
on 23 May 2014
Great book at a reasonable price. Just happens that our network is covered well by this book. I particularly like the writer's relaxed style, personal opinions and suggestions.
on 7 July 2014
never got round to reading it
on 1 December 2012
This is a fantastic book. Its also great value as it includes 9 books in one which covers just about everything I wanted to know.
on 15 December 2012
Wanted to get into computer networking so bought this to give myself a brief overview. Very basic but a must have for beginners
on 23 April 2013
Great book to learn all you need for networking. 9 books int one with plenty of detail. Great for use with online courses
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 April 2016
Easy read and very good for for networking novices.
on 12 February 2016
Great book for getting your teeth into networking