Format: Hardcover|Change

VINE VOICEon 1 September 2011
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm very sceptical about this sort of book (and probably consulting in general). However, Peter Block has managed to focus on skills and techniques which I could recognise in myself and understand how to use in my work, without necessarily leaving the company and becoming a consultant.

This should be compulsory reading for anyone thinking of engaging a consultant - and a good leaving present for any consultant who's not read it.
on 4 May 2015
Love this book. Put in plain simple tetms
on 15 October 2015
As advertised
on 19 June 2012
I was given this book 30 years ago and I still have it and use it. It has taught me how t be an ethical and esteemed consultant. And critically how to remain myself. I always recommend it to new entrants to the field and clients, and consult it before critical meetings. It's eminently practical and written to be understood!
on 22 October 2011
Meanders a bit. He drags it out. But nonetheless a great resource on contracting and consulting behaviours more generally.

Made quite accessible, but he also understands what is going on underneath.
on 24 October 2011
This is the best and only book any would-be consultant needs to read. I wish more actual consults read it too. Completely brilliant.