4.0 out of 5 stars Review1
This book is a very good introduction to the analytics that can be done from Excel, with some nice examples. Should be used as an introduction and overview.
Published on 19 April 2011 by Pot2684

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish - Its just a book about Excel Charts
So, do you want to learn how to make management dashboards in excel, or all about excel charts? If the latter, buy this book, you will learn a lot, but if you want to learn about dashboards keep away.

I'm new to dashboard design but not to excel. This book is useless for the serious dashboard designer.
Published on 20 July 2012 by Andrew Scotchmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Review1, 19 April 2011
This review is from: Excel Dashboards and Reports (Mr. Spreadsheet's Bookshelf) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excel(lent) Manual, 10 Feb 2012
Already having an extensive knowledge of Excel and its functionality, I found I needed to learn about creating analytical Dashboards. Having looked around, I have found Excel Dashboards & Reports to be the best guide I could have chosen. Not only is it comprehensive,it provides examples that can easily be related to and it also has supporting downloadable exercises.

I thought I knew a lot about Excel, but this has certainly given me a whole new dimension to my work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excel Dashboards & Reports, 8 Aug 2011
I have used/studied Microsoft Excel since the early 90's. I now teach MS Ofice from basic to higher levels including the VBA program language.
Both authors of this publication have produced many excellent computer based books and this is no exception.
Very clear easy to follow examples using Excel 2007 and 2010. I am very much a geek when it comes to Microsoft having devoured this books contents on a week's holiday. First class book and I fully recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and easy ideas for use in Dashboards and Reports, 17 Oct 2010
Mario Runciman (Ebeltoft, Denmark) - See all my reviews
The book was just excellent :-), especially for people like me - an Excel user, just a bit above the average.
I am happy the book did not contain too complicated and very advanced IT-techniques. , ....., and it was didactic and easy to read.
An expert should look somewhere else.
I found lots of inspiring ideas/tricks, which I am already using to present my ideas without too much disturbing clutter.
Thanks John and thanks Michael.
Mario Runciman

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book If You Want To Learn The In's & Outs Of Dashboards/Reports, 17 April 2014
Mr. M. C. Gowlett "mikey_gee" (Luxembourg) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed reading this book and managed to work through it quite quickly because it was a very easy read. The only thing I will say with this edition is that it has some flaws. The next edition has probably fixed a couple of the misinterpretations/things I couldn't learn within the book. I.e. the area using the "frequency" code, didnt work for me and I couldn't it to work no matter how hard I tried. I am a PMO manager and I found this very useful for building portfolio dashboards for my day to day project data.

5.0 out of 5 stars dashboard expertise, 10 May 2013
This is an excellent book highlighting the power of displaying data graphically and presenting this in an easily accessible format. I use this book on a regular basis

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 12 Jan 2013
Extremely helpful and well written material, from renowned and highly respected Excel experts. This book is a welcome addition to my collection over many years as an Excel user, but having only recently discovered the potential of dashboards as a business tool, I am delighted with the way in which the authors explain in straightforward terms how to develop and implement these useful analytical tools.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good., 3 Dec 2012
It is a good book. To whom is learning is a great way to start and develop before going on the advance ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excel Dashboards and Reports, 1 Oct 2012
A well written book with plenty of examples and easy to read explanations. Although I haven't had a chance to work ythrought he whole book I can see it covers any Excel reporting need I may have in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars You must buy this, 15 July 2012
Overall a fantatic book which is packed with information that is largely new to me. It goes into alot depth on topics rather than just glosisng over them. It also provides some very very good sample data available online.

This is the type of book that can make a huge difference to day to day activities at work if you use spreadsheets alot at an advanced level. Even if you are not using advanced Excel techniques in reporting and Dashboards YET! You may well do in the furture, in which case this avery good book to have access to.

Excel Dashboards and Reports (Mr. Spreadsheet's Bookshelf)
Excel Dashboards and Reports (Mr. Spreadsheet's Bookshelf) by John Walkenbach (Paperback - 3 Sep 2010)
Used & New from: £35.63