5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, well stuctured, a great introductory text
Published on 13 May 2012 by Swain

3.0 out of 5 stars It was beyond me.
I do not think this is really a book for beginners, and nor did an experienced programmer to whom I turned for help think so either.
Published 15 months ago by Fender Maker Jenny

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, well stuctured, a great introductory text, 13 May 2012
This review is from: Beginning Programming with C++ For Dummies (Paperback)
I come to C++ by way of C, Fortran, Basic, Pascal and various other languages which I've used for miscellaneous projects since my first encounter with computers as a teen in the early 1980's. Not a "professional" programmer and not having programmed for some time, I wanted a concise introductory text to get me quickly up to speed on C++ for analyzing some work related data. Stephen Davis's book pretty much nails the basic concepts. A great primer to get you started. It takes place on my bookshelf next to my old dogeared copy of Kernighan and Ritchie. Beginning Programming with C++ For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended :), 17 Sep 2011
This review is from: Beginning Programming with C++ For Dummies (Paperback)
This is a good choice for anyone wanting to learn C++ programming or just brush up on the language, The CD comes with tools to program although I personally don't like the software but for anyone who does not already have a proffered tool it looks to be a very powerful and capable program to work with.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful beginner guide, 8 Aug 2013
This review is from: Beginning Programming with C++ For Dummies (Paperback)
I really recommend this to anyone who wants to learn programming and have no previous experience.
For me it was a bit too basic, so I gave it to a friend. That's entirely my fault for not reading the title carefully when buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good book just for beginers, 27 Mar 2011
This review is from: Beginning Programming with C++ For Dummies (Paperback)
I like this book. I already read almost half of it and I am finding it easy to understand. I recomend it for everyone who seeking to be a programmer. thanks!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand and enjoyable, 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: Beginning Programming with C++ For Dummies (Paperback)
This is suited to those who already have experience in programming. Great book overall. Wouldn't recommend it t those who don't have programming experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant buy, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: Beginning Programming with C++ For Dummies (Paperback)
It's really easy to read and simple to understand. The topics are clear and nake sense. i recommend it fur anyone who is computer literate thoufh. also it has a prigramne writer with it. Plus it outlines details for Mac software too. Can't wait to get really stuck into it!

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Beginning Programming with C++ For Dummies (Paperback)
my 15 year old son has not put this book down in 3 weeks. well worth buying this book .

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Beginning Programming with C++ For Dummies (Paperback)
Good intro to C++, wish I had got this and read it the summer before college. That would have been a good idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginning Programming with C++ for Dummies, 23 Nov 2012
Peter Hudson (N.Yorks. England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beginning Programming with C++ For Dummies (Paperback)
I used to be a computer programmer but since retiring quite a few years ago I have got quite out of touch. Now that compilers and interpreters are readily available I thought I would like do od some programming again for fun. I was surprised to find how much programming has changed since I was active and I found "Beginning programming with C++ a first class help to get back into it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best introductory C++ book!, 10 Oct 2012
P. Cox - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beginning Programming with C++ For Dummies (Paperback)
This book is just great.

It covers all the basics of C++ clearly and concisely and in logical order with subsequent topics building on the preceding ones.

I'd read a couple of introductory books on C++ trying to get a handle on the language and always felt a little lost. With this book I just seemed to start to "get it" - even as topics started progressing towards being a little more advanced with pointers and classes.

There's also lots of practical advice here and the section on how to make good use of a compiler and, especially, a debugger are just invaluable and not something I've encountered in any other introductory C++ book.

If you want to learn C++ this is, in my opinion, the best place to start.

Beginning Programming with C++ For Dummies
Beginning Programming with C++ For Dummies by Stephen R. Davis (Paperback - 13 Aug 2010)
14.77