Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 November 2010
As a Dummie I don't get this book, it either deals with way too basic issues and then jumps into more complicated things. Using terms that haven't been explained before. Not helpful and frustrating.
on 26 June 2011
Very frustrating - poor explanations of the stuff you want to know and overly verbose on the stuff you don't. I am not easily drawn to comment negatively but this is not a good book.
on 12 October 2010
I bought this book alongside one other on the same subject. After several months, I find that I do not refer to this book. "For Dummies" - should indicate an easily understood and logical manual, and it is. It just so happens that I believe Scott Kelby's guide to CS5 is far better and more instructive.
on 21 February 2012
I found this book very heavy almost to the point it should be a School Text Book at College. I am very experienced with Photoshop CS as I have had CS2 CS3 CS3 and now CS5 installed on my computer over the years. I do not think this book is user friendly. Dummies?????

I have also purchased Photoshop CS5 in Easy Steps: and found this much more user friendly and easier to understand.
on 26 July 2012
Although the humour is less obtrusive than most Dummies books, its explanations are really very poor. I was struggling to make sense of the section on Camera Raw and simply gave up in the end. I've used Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop for years and find this book to be decidedly inadequate. I'm glad it was only a library book.
on 29 November 2011
What a useless piece of software! It tells you nothing clearly, answers no questions easily and is a waste of space and money.
People going to photoshop have issues. The most important thing is an index of all these where you can quickly find out what you need.
NOBODY reads this kind of tome from end to end. We all have better things to do and to read. It would take a year to get through all this mush.
I used photoshop elements 2 (2002). It cost very little and I could do many things with it. This monstrosity is actually far less valuable to me than the software I used to have. Now I cannot do anything at all.
The people writing these books have no idea whatever about how to write for the people who just might need them.
You would think that things would get better. They do not!

All these books need to be written from a different point of view: HOW DO I DO THIS?

Eg I wanted to insert arrows in a map I made. To do it professionally I needed the shape. Three are available but they all point in one direction. Question: How do I get them to point in the direction I want. ALWAYS THE REASON FOR THE ARROW IN THE FIRST PLACE!! The book told me nothing. The index of the book told me nothing. I had to ask someone who happened to know. 'Get the free transform and use that, ' he said. That one comment was worth the entire book to me.
on 13 November 2013
I would highly recommend this book for anybody interested in photography.
This book is for all levels not just amateurs
on 11 August 2013
very good read, easy to follow and learn from. this series of books are very handy and would highly recommend to anyone.
on 25 October 2015
I am sure it is easy to understand but has become one for the bookshelf and notes opened
on 15 February 2015
Excellent ,I like books for dummies they explain things in terms you can understand