5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book, got me up and going with DW CS5 in no time
I've always had lots of time for the "Dummies" range of books and often buy a "Dummies" book and a more advanced book at the same when I need to learn about something quickly, but need a reference for more advanced work later on.

Published on 24 July 2010 by R. Murphy

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited use
I had problems with Dreamweaver, not restricted to CS5, and did not find the help I needed. Unlike other 'for Dummies' books I have used this skipped a lot of the basic information you need to build a web site.

Published on 21 Aug 2010 by J. Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book, got me up and going with DW CS5 in no time, 24 July 2010
This review is from: Dreamweaver CS5 For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) (Paperback)

Well this Dummies book absolutely delivers: having taken the plunge to switch my web development to Dreamweaver, I read it pretty much cover to cover in a couple or three days and was delighted that not only was there plenty of "how to" information on DW but there was also a very decent introduction to CSS (something previously hidden from me by the old tool I used (NetObjects Fusion) and therefore quite a mystery).

I'm absolutely delighted with this purchase: the book was not only great to get me started, but I find myself referring to it frequently when I need to remember how to do something in DW. I haven't opened (haven't needed to) the more advanced book I bought at the same time as this one.

For me, with no previous experience of Dreamweaver, the book is excellent as it starts from the very beginning. For someone who is upgrading from a previous version of DW, I suspect strongly that the content will be 90% familiar and I'd recommend you find another book more suitable to your needs.

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited use, 21 Aug 2010
J. Baker "Geratric beginner" (Surrey U K) - See all my reviews

Rather than go on with detailed criticism, I would suggest anyone needing help with DreamWeaver should exhaust the help on the Adobe web site before spending money. In particular launch one of the CS5 templates and study the code and references. I found this more help.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good mid-level introduction., 10 Mar 2014
A mid-level introduction to a complex piece of software. It's all there, albeit in that rather 'matey' American style that I personally find both annoying and distracting. It also leads to an over wordy length on some topics that could be covered much more succinctly. The book's greatest strength is the exercises or tutorials as they describe them which cover most of the areas that most people will want. Notwithstanding the criticisms implied above, this is the probably the best book at this level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 9 Nov 2013
Excellent book for the beginner Great the way it explains everything in simple language I built a website with the knowledge

4.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 18 Mar 2013
Very understandable and well explained and lots more but this is really inconvenient please count up your words not funny

4.0 out of 5 stars For a Complete Beginer Not as Good as Other for Dummie Product, 21 July 2012
At intermediate level anyone with some experience with html code and designing with wyswyg editors plus the Adobe Cs5 Product Back Up Online will do well quickly. The CSS and xthml will take some practice and maybe the fastest learning curve is to set out from the start on a challenging project and use the split screen in Designer View watching code effects to get up and running quickly. Great Product and well worth the effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars dreamweaver, 18 April 2012
David Parry - See all my reviews
This was extremely useful as I had not used the programme for some time.The writing was easily understood and any hints and tips easy to follow

5.0 out of 5 stars Dreamweaver book, 18 Nov 2011
Great book, great condition. Explains step by step clearly. Would recommmed. I did a starter course for grounding but if motivated maybe the book could have been enough!

3.0 out of 5 stars wouldn't recommend, 25 Oct 2011
It should have cd as well with sample website because without that it is very basic. You learn only little bit from it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 24 Aug 2011
I used Front Page for years, then raw HTML for a few more before recently obtaining Dreamweaver in a bundle.
My preference is still to write HTML but Dreamweaver makes some tasks a lot easier and this book has proved a valuable introduction to the product.
It is well written, sensibly organised, nicely indexed and merrily draws you in to trying additional features.

Dreamweaver CS5 For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
Dreamweaver CS5 For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) by Janine Warner (Paperback - 28 April 2010)