4.0 out of 5 stars Great Mac Starter Book
Published on 24 July 2009 by T. Ryan

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly helpful
I got this book about 6 weeks after I got my iMac and by then I had worked out most of the iMac/PC differences. I grew a little tired of the author's self-congratulatory back-slapping and the style of writing grated after a while. That said, there is plenty of useful information in here which may be helpful.
Published on 30 Jan 2011 by vasco444

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Mac Starter Book, 24 July 2009
T. Ryan (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iMac For Dummies (Paperback)
I brought this book when I first took the leap from a pc to an iMac, it's a great book to help you get through those early weeks when you & your mac are still getting to know each other. But a year later I'm now finding the book a bit basic & doesn't always cover what I want to know.... For those starting out it's a great little buy for the money, but for those who have experience of a mac it won't tell you anything you don't already know.

4.0 out of 5 stars Starting with imac, 30 Jan 2011
This review is from: iMac For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) (Paperback)
Being completely new to apple computers (a desertee from MS) I bought this book to get me started.
It did that job very well but there is much more to imac than is covered in this book.
If, like me, you are starting from scratch with an apple computer this book is pretty good and I would recommend it. But don't be surprised if you need to buy another more comprehensive volume when you have mastered the basics.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly helpful, 30 Jan 2011
vasco444 (Lincoln, England) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars good in parts, 13 Dec 2011
This review is from: iMac For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) (Paperback)
I have found this book helpful but not as much as I hoped. Some very basic things are very well explained but less basic things are assumed to be known - or at least I haven't been able to find the answers yet. I'll keep dipping in and out, but hope I might be able to find something better to help me get the most out of my iMac.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 29 Feb 2012
Katie (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iMac For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) (Paperback)
Essentially this was a really great help with the basics I needed when switching from Windows. However there were some sections already out-of-date, which was a bit confusing, and the chapters were definitely not in the order I would have expected......

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 7 Sep 2010
T. Hatchman "tina-Niko-Hatchman" (Kent UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: iMac For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) (Paperback)
I bought this book when i switched from a pc to my imac. Thank goodness i did! It helped me through the early weeks of getting to know my imac. If you know mac already then this book isnt for you, but if like me you are a novice then i say buy it!!!! Its one book i got back to time and time again. Just wish it had a few more photos images to follow. So much text can be daunting. But i rate it 4 stars. Good starter book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Useful .., 3 May 2010
This review is from: iMac For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this together with Teach Yourself Visually iMac and being new to Apple am finding it a really useful book to have on my desk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 10 Jun 2012
This review is from: iMac For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) (Paperback)
A must have for any new Mac user with clear descriptions and touches of humour to keep your interest. Not quite up to date, but still most of it applies to Lion as well as older Macs.

4.0 out of 5 stars fairly good, 25 May 2012
J. F. Whitfield "regulator" (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iMac For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) (Paperback)
Good Dummies book, but, as usual, suggestions do not always work. Delivery too "matey" for my taste.
Not easy to navigate.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 7 May 2012
This review is from: iMac For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) (Paperback)
Far too basic, you can find far more information on the web. The author should spend more time writing about useful information rather than dribble.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

iMac For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
iMac For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) by Mark L. Chambers (Paperback - 26 Mar 2010)
Used & New from: 0.01