5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for all consultants and individuals who operate in professional services, 1 Jun 2013
Culture Enthusiast (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I bought this book back in 2010 as I was looking at a different model to charge for my consulting services. I found the hourly fees model very ineffective and I wanted to charge for the real value delivered to my corporate clients. I bumped into this book and I was really pleased as it is very well written and clear. The author is very professional and reliable. Whilst I liked the theory behind his reasoning, I found the practical part of great value and interest.
Highly recommended if you are just setting up your firm or if you are looking for a more profitable business model that is a win-win for you and for your clients. Now there is also the kindle edition. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Implementing Value Pricing is a transformational book, 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: Implementing Value Pricing: A Radical Business Model for Professional Firms (Wiley Professional Advisory Services) (Hardcover)
Implementing Value Pricing is a transformational book. Instead of focusing on cost and what the customer will pay, Ron encourages us to look at the value that our customer will gain What is the value that the customer will get, because if our customer won't made a 'profit' then they unlike to buy. And if they do, they won't be a loyal customer. For the customer a 'profit' might be tangible, as in £'s or $'s or intangible 'make them feel better'. Whether intangible or not, in order to provide value for our customer we must leave them better off for having bought from us.
Implementing Value pricing is full of great examples of how to implement value pricing in a very practical way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-read for any accountant who cares about their client, 30 April 2014
Just finished Ron's latest book. I'm always impressed by the depth of research which goes into Ron's book. And this book certainly delivers on that. But not only that, it contains a really practical 8-step process. For any accountant that likes to have a roadmap and clear direction this book won't disappoint. The power behind the message in the case study on page 265 alone is worth getting the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars another must for all professionals, 18 Feb 2011
Paul Anthony Miller "bodmin's finest" (BODMIN, CORNWALL United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Ron has done it again.

Another concise and clear guide on how to change the business model for all professional firms by focusing on capturing and charging based on the value created rather than the time spent. The 8 steps provide a framework to change the habits of a life time.By implementing these steps your business and working life will be transformed for the better.