Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 April 2010
I am very pleased with this book - it is very easy to read, the relaxed, 'tell it like it is' style works well for me.It is very informative and tells you what you need to know. The author has packed a lot of information into this book.
I have one other goat book and have read loads on the net - this book compares very favourably and I would recommend it without hesitation.
If you are looking for very detailed, very technical stuff then maybe this isn't the book for you but if you are considering goat-keeping or are new to goat-keeping this book is excellent. I have 4 dwarf goats and very much a novice - learning each day & loving it.
on 2 December 2010
This is an excellent book if you are thinking of keeping Goats and are a complete beginner. It would also be an excellent book for those whom already own Goats.
It covers every thing that you should need to know and more. I would fully recommend it.
on 6 September 2011
This book is excellent for anyone just starting out in the owning of goats. I thought I knew it all but this book proved I didn't.
An excellent book with very informative pictures and descriptions.
on 11 June 2014
excellent book.
well written and laid out in a good order.
a must for all goat owners of those considering to have these wonderful creatures
on 6 March 2016
As a novice which is getting the first pet goats soon I had read one other handbook first before reading this one. This book is very well structured as you can skip sections you do not need (like kidding etc.) But it gives a very good introduction what to do. - And what not to do. It has only illustrations not pictures but as a handbook giving constructive advice you probably have other books for that. (I.e. what breed of goat you want) It is written by an american lady and very easy to read although it does not go VERY deep into details. The american touch will make a few europeans laugh because we do not have any coyotes which could eat our tethered animals or many big airborne preditors (yet) which could threaten them. I would recommend this book as it clearly tells you how to go about things as a beginner wanting to know the basics.
on 17 May 2013
Only 4 stars as very good information for new goat keepers or foster mums like me but not enough info re what their poo is like and scours! Which for the inexperienced can be a worry also a bit short on the feeding info having said that if they did one for lambs I would buy it so if anyone knows of a good one please let me know
on 11 November 2014
Well, bought this a 'funny' present, and was well received. Cant really comment on the usefulness, but a quick glance through did show it is substantial and likely very useful.
on 24 February 2013
An easy book to read. Useful to have if you're a novice pygmy goat owner. A bit 'American' but quite useful.
on 15 January 2013
real useful lots of good tips great little book shame its all aid at the U.S but most are now!
on 3 March 2015
My goats ate it - only joking