5.0 out of 5 stars teach yorself visually elements 8
Published on 22 Dec. 2009 by E. Stringer

3.0 out of 5 stars Teach Yourself Visually Photoshop Elements 8.
I purchased this book as a manual in case I ever needed it. In fact, I never did refer to it and the version of Photoshop Elements has now been superceded.
Published on 16 Jan. 2013 by John King

5.0 out of 5 stars teach yorself visually elements 8, 22 Dec. 2009
E. Stringer - See all my reviews
This review is from: Teach Yourself Visually Photoshop Elements 8 (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech)) (Paperback)
as always these are a great series of books, if like me you dont like getting into heavy reading they are ideal, i am not the best of readers, so i find some of the reference books real heavy going but the teach yourself visualy books are just great, i suppose they are a bit like a kids comic in their layout, but everything you need is there clearly and visually with the bare minimum of words, i first taught myself photoshop 7, (well the basics) in about half hour with that book so when I bought elements 8 and wanted to get to grip with the updated abilities my immeadiate thought was to get elements 8 visually, and as always a fantastic and easy to use reference book

4.0 out of 5 stars Great clarity, 12 Mar. 2010
This is certainly a book I would recommend to anyone who is new to photoshop Elements. It is very clear and precise. I use it with an iMac but it works with Windows as the only difference would be with keyboard shortcuts how ever using the menus will indicate which to use.It's always helpful to be able to see exactly how things work with CLEAR illustrations and not just text.

5.0 out of 5 stars Visual it definitely is, 11 Mar. 2010
Simple, yet comprehensive. I am a visual learner so this is perfect for me. Great pictures and eveything explained in an uncomplicated way. I even understand layers now. My brother saw it and loved it also so now I have to get him his own copy

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Reading, 11 May 2010
jbat66 (Margate, Kent) - See all my reviews
Having just purchased PhotoShop Elements 8 and having no previous experience of Adobe software I decided that there has to be an easier way of learning how to use the product. Having tried to follow the online instructions I decided to purchase a book to help me. And this book has certainly helped. Its easy to read and follow when initially starting out with a picture editing software. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for newbies, 2 July 2010
I've just started out in the photoshop world and this book is fab, you can read how to do whatever it is you're after but also see what it should look like along the way. Being visual it means you can quickly skim through to pic out the type of effect you're trying to create without having to know what it's called (or even find something you never knew existed that looks exciting to have a go at). I believe my early elements days are going to be very much easier with this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 7 Sept. 2010
Sakazoke "Mermaid-Lover" (Monkton UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought this book when id just bought the imac. Switching from windows laptops to this pc was daunting for me, so having bought this book im glad i did!
Its fantastic, just the best ever. It show you in pictures and text. Both clear and easy to understand. For me its a bible. Very basic but if you are like me and need something easy to follow then please buy the book. Im glad i did!
Im still using and finding this book helpful. Its one i will keep for a long time. I fate it a 5 star but it deserves so much more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Visually Excellent, 21 Sept. 2010
As a virtual novice to Photoshop Elements 8 (as well as being a 'Coffin Dodger') I found that this book, literally, does what it says on the cover. I am lucky inasmuch as if I am shown how to do something, I can usually pick it up so much quicker than reading about it. In that respect this book is excellent. Even complex (for me) subjects are shown in such a way that there is no ambiguity whatsoever. This allows the user to obtain the results required that much faster which, in my case, means less stress and more satisfaction.

If I have a complaint, and this is purely subjective, the humour shown in the narrative is a little irritating. Overall though, I would have no hesitation in recommending this book to any novice. I would even go as far as to say that even those who are familiar with this programme will obtain some benefit from reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars basics and then some, 27 Aug. 2010
My first foray into Visual learning .Simple step by step "see it , do it " style. Copy and learn. I've bought Scott Kelby- great but too far along the road for me 2 weeks ago.This asssumes no knowledge and draws you in .Each easy read page show how to do what the software can do , Tool by tool ,click by click (literally). Tips and extras added as footnotes. Inspires confidence by simple example . I reckon I'm ready for Scotts otherwise great book now !

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 17 July 2010
I have had books from the library
but none compare with the information
contained in this book, so simple to
follow, I for one am glad I bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite Logical, 14 Nov. 2010
I am not much of a learn from a book guy, my patience is low when it comes to this sort of thing, however I found the book clear and logical. If I wanted to learn about layers its all there and so on. The pictures are helpful and being able to goto the specific areas they have shown you in the book are equally pleasing. The book is NOT something for effects and tricks but most defiantly to help you through the understanding of all the buttons and what you can achieve. All in all a good book, the service was fast too and the price too was very good as it was half the price of the shops. Hope this helps guys. :)

Teach Yourself Visually Photoshop Elements 8 (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
Used & New from: £0.01