5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday present
A well received birthday present for my son, he seems to like it. His choice not mine hopefully he'll find time to use it.
Published 11 months ago by anita hull

3.0 out of 5 stars Good first book
Published 9 months ago by Mambavet

3.0 out of 5 stars Good first book, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: Building a Web Site For Dummies (Paperback)
Having absolutely no computer knowledge at all this was a good start for me in building my own website, and I've been really enjoying picking through and gradually improving bits. I have a couple of issues with it. The first is, in chapter 2, it assumes you will already know HTML and just need a 'refresher'. Admittedly it does then go through the basics from the start, but I found the assumption really annoying. Why would I buy a 'for dummies' book if I already knew what I was doing? Also the book relies heavily on a html builder called 'coffee cup', to the point where it's practically a user guide for the product. Now I am halfway through a free coffee cup trial and I will admit its very worthwhile, but the book is a bit of a sales pitch and doesn't provide much info on what else is out there. Some of the links provided are also out of date, but that can't be helped, I think any book about the internet is going to get out of date pretty quickly and this one seems to have fared quite well in that regard - most of the important information is still useable. So with some reservations, I recommend you read it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday present, 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: Building a Web Site For Dummies (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Building a Web Site For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)), 12 April 2013
This review is from: Building a Web Site For Dummies (Paperback)
Fabulous book. Cant do without it and good to keep in for future websites. Have recommended to all my friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Web site creation in simple terms, 4 April 2013
Great help when you know nothing at all about making a web site people want to visit and don't understand the jargon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dummies, 25 Aug 2011
mafupi (Mayfield, East Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Building a Web Site For Dummies (Paperback)
Appeared to me that the compilation of the book does not follow a strict structure and the references in teh index are not always fully developed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Web site for dummies, 3 Jun 2011
Craig Marner "Peregrin" (Midlands U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Building a Web Site For Dummies (Paperback)
There is nothing to say Web Site for Dummies is exactly what it say on the tin, nothing more to say

Building a Web Site For Dummies
Building a Web Site For Dummies by David A. Crowder (Paperback - 18 Jun 2010)
12.59