4.0 out of 5 stars Clear and concise
The introduction suggests that this is a book for intermediate to advanced users. I had not used VB since VB6, so I needed a reference work that I could dip into. The book is clear and concise. It appears to cover a very wide range of issues and it gets quickly into the details without any superfluous padding. Should I have given it a fifth star? Probably.
Published 4 months ago by Ian

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor! Has errors in examples
Published on 28 Jun. 2011 by S. Bailey

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor! Has errors in examples, 28 Jun. 2011
S. Bailey "trainersbuk" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Mastering Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 (Paperback)
I have used books by this author for over 10 years since purchasing Mastering Visual Basic 6 by the author & have found them to be excellent in the past. This edition, however, was a dissapointment. I skipped most of the introductory chapters as I was primarily interested in LINQ, ADO.NET & ASP.NET. I think there are better books out there on these topics. They are covered only in introductory terms in this book & i'm afraid to say that there are many errors in the examples given in the book. Some of these are silly mistakes such as capitalisation, missing quotes etc. This just smacks of carelessness & makes me wonder how many mistakes there were in the chapters I skipped.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear and concise, 4 Jan. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Mastering Visual Basic 2010, 4 Dec. 2011
Albert Hobbs (Liverpool UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mastering Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 (Paperback)
Having purchased several books for learning Visual Basic 2010 this is the only book I have found which covers the subject comprehensively. The narrative is very readable and at times seems almost conversational. This book does everything I looked for, recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 11 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Mastering Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 (Paperback)
Excellent book. I have used visual basic 4 for decades, and unfortunately am now having to upgrade. This book appears to be just what I need to explain the diferences and generally bring me more up to date.

Mastering Microsoft Visual Basic 2010
Mastering Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 by Evangelos Petroutsos (Paperback - 6 April 2010)