5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting!
I needed this book for one of my university courses "history of mathematics", but I found that I was actually interested in the other chapters too, the book covers a wide variety of countries and historical periods and notable mathematicians, and is very fascinating.
Published 9 months ago by randomlise

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent History but language a bit dated and stuffy.
I'm new to the history of mathematics but it's been fascinating to read and begin to understand how mathematical thinking has evolved over the centuries. But some of the language feels like it was written way back in history too. Which it probably was. A little dated perhaps?
Published 23 months ago by Eric Dolphy

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting!, 4 July 2013
This review is from: A History of Mathematics (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent History but language a bit dated and stuffy., 29 May 2012
This review is from: A History of Mathematics (Paperback)

ARRAY(0xad0ac294)

A History of Mathematics
A History of Mathematics by Uta C. Merzbach (Paperback - 14 Jan 2011)
18.08