on 13 October 2010
This is an excellent publication. It gives clear and concise instructions on how best to use the camera. There are a few errors but are of little consequence in the overall context.This book is useful for the beginner as well as the more experienced user.I would not have any hesitation in recommending this book.
on 11 January 2011
Fantastic book with great explanation how to make the best use of a Nikon D300s for people who are amators in photography.Shows and explains how to make a better shots.
on 11 August 2013
Like a lot of other people with cameras like this I tend to leave it set on "P" so do not get the best out of it.. Nothing wrong with this!
Perhaps not, but if that's what I wanted, then I should have brought a cheaper camera.. This book has introduced me to a lot of function which I never knew existed.. Yes, you could say I should have read the manual, but this is not as clear and useful as the book.. If you really know your camera, then don't bother with this.. If like me you want to know your camera better - inthe hope of getting better photographs - then, Yes, buy this and READ it
on 22 January 2010
Just bought this book, and flicked through it, dipping into just a few pages..

One the credits page, it seems that there were 14 people involved in producing this book, including one Linda Seifert who was specifically responsible for 'proofreading'.

But what a shame no one gave the proofs a slow and careful read through.

In the preface, it talks about the D300S being the 'predecessor' to the D300. Doh!

Talking about Speedlights, it tells us that the new SB-900 is more powerful than the SB-800. But if you look at the guide number they quote for the 800, that is shown as being higher. OK, only by one GN, but you get my drift.

Punctuation errors and more.

Yes, yes, trivia I know, and I am nitpicking, but it doesn't give total confidence: I just hope the technical stuff is handled a bit more meticulously.
on 25 January 2014
Purchased on the recommendation of the Seller of my Nikon D300. It has been a great help in helping me to get to grips with my camera. Would definitely recommend this book. Written in way which makes it easy to reference any of the difficulties you are having with the camera easy to understand. Definitely a good buy.
on 12 December 2012
I have read this book and many others as I am changing from film to digital and these field guides explain in an easy to asimulate text every facset of the camera and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking of making a purcash as it gives a through isite before ypu make an expensive purchase
on 17 October 2014
This book is better than some of the guides that just repeat and elaborate on the Nikon manual It is more informative than the Nikon manual that came with the camera. Helps one to dig deep into the facilities the camera has to offer.
on 29 December 2009
I bought this to supplement the Nikon Manual, and I am not disapointed. It covers the subject well, and gives good examples.
on 8 September 2014
brilliant book for a beginner like myself or anyone who owns this camera ,a must have.