5.0 out of 5 stars Digital field guide D300s
This is an excellent publication. It gives clear and concise instructions on how best to use the camera. There are a few errors but are of little consequence in the overall context.This book is useful for the beginner as well as the more experienced user.I would not have any hesitation in recommending this book.
Published on 13 Oct 2010 by Pat Dennehy

2.0 out of 5 stars Careless editing
Just bought this book, and flicked through it, dipping into just a few pages..

One the credits page, it seems that there were 14 people involved in producing this book, including one Linda Seifert who was specifically responsible for 'proofreading'.

But what a shame no one gave the proofs a slow and careful read through.

In the preface, it...
Published on 22 Jan 2010 by A. Thornton

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital field guide D300s, 13 Oct 2010
Pat Dennehy - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars right choice, 11 Jan 2011
This review is from: Nikon D300s Digital Field Guide (Paperback)
Fantastic book with great explanation how to make the best use of a Nikon D300s for people who are amators in photography.Shows and explains how to make a better shots.

2.0 out of 5 stars Careless editing, 22 Jan 2010
A. Thornton "Albion" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon D300s Digital Field Guide (Paperback)
Just bought this book, and flicked through it, dipping into just a few pages..

But what a shame no one gave the proofs a slow and careful read through.

In the preface, it talks about the D300S being the 'predecessor' to the D300. Doh!

Talking about Speedlights, it tells us that the new SB-900 is more powerful than the SB-800. But if you look at the guide number they quote for the 800, that is shown as being higher. OK, only by one GN, but you get my drift.

Punctuation errors and more.

Yes, yes, trivia I know, and I am nitpicking, but it doesn't give total confidence: I just hope the technical stuff is handled a bit more meticulously.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Replacement for the Manual, 29 Dec 2009
Gundog (Oxfordshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon D300s Digital Field Guide (Paperback)
I bought this to supplement the Nikon Manual, and I am not disapointed. It covers the subject well, and gives good examples.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Nikon D300s Guide, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Nikon D300s Digital Field Guide (Paperback)
Purchased on the recommendation of the Seller of my Nikon D300. It has been a great help in helping me to get to grips with my camera. Would definitely recommend this book. Written in way which makes it easy to reference any of the difficulties you are having with the camera easy to understand. Definitely a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading and learnt a lot about the camera, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: Nikon D300s Digital Field Guide (Paperback)
Like a lot of other people with cameras like this I tend to leave it set on "P" so do not get the best out of it.. Nothing wrong with this!
Perhaps not, but if that's what I wanted, then I should have brought a cheaper camera.. This book has introduced me to a lot of function which I never knew existed.. Yes, you could say I should have read the manual, but this is not as clear and useful as the book.. If you really know your camera, then don't bother with this.. If like me you want to know your camera better - inthe hope of getting better photographs - then, Yes, buy this and READ it

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good easy to read and intuative book, 12 Dec 2012
This review is from: Nikon D300s Digital Field Guide (Paperback)
I have read this book and many others as I am changing from film to digital and these field guides explain in an easy to asimulate text every facset of the camera and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking of making a purcash as it gives a through isite before ypu make an expensive purchase

Nikon D300s Digital Field Guide
Nikon D300s Digital Field Guide by J. Dennis Thomas (Paperback - 22 Dec 2009)
Used & New from: 2.95