Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 27 October 2010
As a professional travel journalist, I use guidebooks all the time, and this one is one of the best I've seen in ages. It has everything you need to know for a long weekend (or longer) in Seville. The map is excellent, and layout of the book is innovative and useful, but the best bit is that the author's voice comes through (I like this, don't like that, but you might, etc). After all, the author IS the expert, but so many guidebook publishers insist the author remain completely neutral and just present dry facts. Well done Frommers for encouraging their authors to tell it like it is (or at least like they experience it).

I had access to many other guidebooks for this trip (Eyewitness Seville, Rough Guides Andalucia, etc), and this one was the only one I used.
on 16 March 2009
This small guide was useful for a short 4 days break.
If one was going for longer and wanted more in-depth information, this guide would not be sufficient.
Maps are not very good.
on 21 October 2010
As a first time and non-Spanish speaking solo visitor to Seville, I found this handy-sized guide invaluable. The themed walks provide enough guidance to start exploring but aren't so rigid you can't wander off when you spot soemthing. Best of all, the eating out tips were spot on accurate: I found great tasting, great value food and drink with ease.
on 18 May 2010
Going to Seville for the first time for a few days, and in need of a good guide for looking, doing, eating etc.
Good layout, good enough map for walking about and useful info on transport and annual events.
Good price, pocketable size and well written.
on 16 February 2010
Everything I could possibly need in a guide book - compact and concise and ideal size for carrying around
on 14 February 2010
This book is perfect for a long week-end. It's cheap and practical. Gives all the essentials in a nicely descriptive way and also plenty of tips on restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. In the absence of a Top 10 Seville Guide from DK, this is the best alternative.
on 16 January 2011
I live in Seville and this is the guide book I lend to people when they come to stay. It's up-to-date, easy to use and the best thing is it's pocket-sized. Perfect for a short visit to the city.
on 30 August 2011
This is an excellent guide book to Seville, with the pull-out map being really useful too. Interesting themed tours as well as well-written summaries about Seville's key sites and architectural highlights made the book indispensible during a recent weekend visit to the city. I would definately recommend this book to anyone planning a visit to Seville.
on 13 April 2012
Having just returned from a 3 day break in Seville with my daughter I think this is the first time the book has been out of my hands! This guide helped us make it safely from the airport onto the Seville bus - and from the bus station to our hostal in Centro (on foot). We enjoyed doing the 'neighbourhood walks' around the city - even if we didn't quite find the exact routes! It gave us the confidence to try the tapas bars instead of sticking to more traditional fare. We visited the palace, Flamenco museum and did a river cruise reading the snippets of information along the way. I feel I have returned from my visit to this stunning city knowing lots about Seville on all levels. I would definitely seek out a 'day by day' guide for a visit elsewhere. My only slight criticism is of the map detail. Because Seville is such a maze like city (for a beginner) we had to use more detailed maps (from the tourist board) to get us out of 'hopelessly lost' situations!
on 31 October 2011
I totally endorse what the previous reviewer wrote (Jill SG). I've just come back from a 4 day trip to Seville, including a day to Cordoba, with my 16 year old son. The book was invaluable. In fact, on the odd occasion that we went off piste - ie. to a non-listed tapas - it was such a mistake.

The engaging, informative writing style, layout, maps and photos - as well as the actual size of the book - meant that we hardly used the other book that we'd taken.

It's rare to find a guide book that actually manages to enhance a holiday to the degree that it did.