on 8 March 2010
I attended a introduction and training day for Windows Azure recently and in exchange for deploying a simple "Hello World" web application to the Windows Azure platform we were given this book. Recommended by the course instructor who has read the books out there on this subject. I've had a browse through and we see everything from introducing the hardware and software plaform so you know what your buying into, through to setting up your development environment, deploying projects to the cloud and all the code samples you would expect for the different topics. Also covered are the additional software tools needed for doing things like synchorinising data between on premises SQL Server 2008 and SQL Servre Azure on the cloud platform.
It is not an overly thick heavy book which is a big plus, I like my technical books to be concise as well as complete.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 26 January 2011
I used this book in conjunction with Cloud Computing, A Practical Approach amongst others to research my final year project for uni. Coming into the project with with no knowledge of Windows Azure at all this book really helped me to grasp the fundamentals and has been great as a reference if I needed to pick out more specific information relevant to my project. Roger Jennings clearly knows what he's talking about and has vast experience in writing these books.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again