4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas ideas
I purchased this book to complement my many craft books and found it to be a great book for making different things as well as giving a new way of making products in an easier way. This is a great addition to a crafters book shelf.
Published on 12 Jun 2010 by Carol Howells

1.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING
I love Christmas books but this one was so disappointing. Had the feel of a magazine, very basic projects, nothing to really inspire. There are so many better on the market. Don't bother!
Published on 28 Dec 2010 by Mrs. G. Hobbs

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas ideas, 12 Jun 2010
This review is from: Best of Christmas Ideas (Better Homes & Gardens Crafts) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 5 Mar 2010
I'm a sucker for books about christmas, and this is an excellent example. Its exactly what I'd expect from BH&G - lovely photography, attractive designs, easy to understand intructions & patterns. There are hundreds of designs in this book.

There is a nice section of recipes - sweets, biscuits etc - suitable for gift giving, some wrapping ideas and a selection of attractive, modern christmas cards.

The home decor ideas - stockings, wreaths, tablewear, throws and cushions, are divided into colours or themes. Scattered through the sections are tree decorations and small gift ideas, and everything's within the capabilities of the average crafter.

Unlike a lot of US publications almost all the equipment and basics needed to create these looks will be available in the UK , plenty of greenery, both fresh & dried, fabric, paper , beads and notions. Unfortunately - as with all US recipes you'll need a conversion chart for their measures, and some of the products used must be substituted.
All in all this is a book I'll keep going back to - the ideas are achievable and attractive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Christmas Ideas, 20 Jan 2013
Lovely book to add to my pile of Christmas books. Glossy pages, good projects and photography. Pleased I bought it.

1.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING, 28 Dec 2010
Mrs. G. Hobbs (uk) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book but not so great on the projects., 14 Oct 2013
As the daylight gets shorter and Holidays approaching I bought a selection of Christmas crafts books.

This book is filled with wonderful pictures and great ideas for styling your home. It really puts you in the Christmas mood. Just for all those beautiful photographs it is worth buying and keeping it.

But on the project side it is not so great. Although some nice ideas the major part of it is so-so.

If you are looking for a lifestyle book to put you in the mood with it's Christmassy photographs this is it! I kept it just for this purpose. But for projects and crafts I feel this is not so great.

5.0 out of 5 stars best book ever, 7 Oct 2013
This is the most inspiring book I think I have ever read the minute I saw it I just wanted to get started, it is full of beautiful pictures and I honestly can say I love the vast majority of things in it. I would have gotten started earlier if time wasn't so much of a constraint. In any case im looking forward to getting started this year after having waited for a quieter period. It was actually because of this book that I went on to buy more but everything else has failed by comparison. This is the most comprehensive in terms of giving me ideas but it is also the biggest I have found, if you start checking page numbers you will start to see that many other books only have a few projects say 20, some only 10, whereas this has probably 80 to 100 if not more so I'm sure there is something for everyone.

Everything is colour coordinated and there are a hell of a lot of interchangeable colour ideas from red to wintry blue. They all come with pictures of how they could look if they were all put together as well as very clear enlarged pictures of individual items with clear instuctions. To be honest I don't think that the search inside feature does this book justice there are much better things to be seen but if you like what you have seen so far undoubtedly you should purchase. I think if you buy this book the only problem you're going to have is deciding which ones you like best!

For the vast majority of ideas I haven't seen anything similar in other books or elsewhere which is probably one of the biggest bonuses I can think of. The book mostly focuses on how to decorate the house but there are other things like how to wrap gifts in a more unusal way such as colourful paper and hand made tags which surprisingly looks quite attractive especially to me as a hobby crafter. Lastly I wouldn't be put off by the other reviewers thoughts about it having a magazine feel which I must say is correct because as I have already stated this book packs a punch in terms of delivery of whats inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crouchie, 11 Jan 2012
I just love Better Homes + Gardens books or magazines. They have such lovely ideas and really inspire you. The pictures and instructions are very clear and easy to follow. The only problem with this book is which idea to start first as they are all so nice. Arrived quickly before Christmas too. An excellant buy - hope you enjoy it as much as I have. Happy crafting.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 2 Aug 2010
This book was not what I expected. It appears to be a collection of magazine articles and it is also American, so all measurements are in cups etc.. Didn't inspire me at all.

Best of Christmas Ideas (Better Homes & Gardens Crafts)
Best of Christmas Ideas (Better Homes & Gardens Crafts) by Better Homes & Gardens (Paperback - 28 July 2009)
8.70