Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Shop now Learn more Listen in Prime

on 28 December 2009
I bought the Dummys book thinking that it would do for an old fart like me and I have to say even that was to much for me,there was no visual help at all and it left me cold and struggling,fair to say there was a DVD with tutorials on it and I did not get that far,I went back to the WINDOWS 7 books and chose another and this was the one I chose,WOOOW!what a differance a book makes,glossy pictures that can be read,easy to follow instructions,good use of colours and cartoon type help in fact its what every growing boy needs for the new operating system.
All I can say is this if you are onto going up to Windows7 get this book BEFORE you get Win7 and get a head start on learning the ropes as I did it pays dividends when you get the new system as you will see what you have been reading about in the book,bottom line here is how many books are gathering dust on your shelves because they did not deliver the goods when you bought it,no I am not telling you how many I have.
This book you can take any place and have a read as and when you want,its a readable intruction book with loads of full colour pictures that are the same as the ones on your monitor when you power up Win7.
I would say if you are a learner to the new system get this book as soon as possible and enjoy a good read as well as a good tutorial covering all aspects of the system,even over 61 I enjoyed it and go back to it for a pre Pc session on a new topic to get a heads up on what to do and see.Points out of 20,for cost,ease of use,visual aids,clarity,easy answer to that is straight 20s all the way.NUFF SAID.
on 13 February 2010
This book was so helful for me. Completely idiot proof. As a pensioner I really do need the help. I previously had Teach Yourself Visually Windows XP that is why I ordered this book as I now have Windows 7.
on 5 September 2010
For the transformation from Windows XP to an entirely different format can be daunting. Not with this book. It takes you from A to Z with ease. Money well spent and will be used as a reference if and when things go wrong. I cannot praise it enough.
on 4 July 2010
This book is everything I expected it to be, it's rather like having your own personal tutor. I have in the past relied on help from friends and family but now thanks to this book I have all the information at hand in a simplified, easy to follow step by step way. This book is a must for those who prefer being taught in a visual manner.
on 12 April 2010
Teach Yourself Visually are always easy to follow, particularly at my age, and this is no exception.
on 24 February 2011
I find that these instructional books with precise diagrams very clear and helpful. They help to overcome some of the jargon you encounter when learning about computers and their software etc. This book arrived in excellent condition and I am very satisfied.
on 16 June 2013
Yet another purchase by me of this series of books.They are my preferred way of learning this subject...I could go on a 'course' but I have forgotten most of the info by the time I have arrived home!!! The book is always there if needed..
on 6 January 2013
THIS IS ANOTHER GOOD BOOK FROM PAUL MCFEDRIES I AM NOT GOOD IN PICKING THINGS UP ON THE COMPUTER BUT THESE BOOKS ARE MAGIC THANK YOU.
on 21 March 2010
Ordered this book as normal. Delivered in three days, fantastic. The book is excellent as is the whole Visually series of books.

Undoubted recommendation for both the book and Amazon, as ever.
on 2 May 2013
I made the purchase to support customer's learning. I chose the Teach yourself visually series as this presentation and structure provides the reader with accurate step by step - as you see it - instruction.

The series also has links to potential additional online assistance via publisher website.