4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for beginners
This is a great book to get you going with VBA, right from recording a macro through the very basics, and even now I'd consider myself an intermediate to advanced user, I find myself picking this up in preference to some of the more advanced and dryer books I have.

Published on 27 Dec. 2010 by R. B. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Content good, but Kindle diagrams too small
I'm only a few chapters in, and it seems like a pretty good introduction to the subject. My main criticism is of the diagrams in the kindle version. They're practically unreadable, even on the Kindle for PC on a 22" monitor. It's more than a little frustrating. If buying, I'd recommend going for the print version.
Published on 19 July 2011 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Content good, but Kindle diagrams too small, 19 July 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for beginners, 27 Dec. 2010
R. B. Jones (England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Excel VBA Programming for Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) (Paperback)

However there are quite a few areas it doesn't touch on: some big topics like class modules and a few small ones like enumerations. So you'll want to have a more in-depth book available if you're planning on doing any serious programming. But as an introduction, this book is very readable and easy to understand.

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic introduction, 4 Jun. 2011
As a total novice on VBA but a power user of excel I had high hopes I might become decent at VBA by reading the book. I thorouhgly enjoyed the book and it have a good insight into how everything works and what is possible but I dont think I could use the book alone to introduce VBA to my excel work requirements.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excell VBA Programming for Dummies, 16 July 2012
Roy Caswell (Bolton, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a very good introduction for someone with knowledge of excel but absolutely no knowledge of programming at all such as myself. After a few attempts I was able to cope with basic programming principles to do jobs that cannot be done using excel alone. I am looking forward to getting more proficient.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple reading and understanding for dummies, 28 Sept. 2012
Although having some understanding of using VBA for Excel, this book has enabled me to be able to create my own macros from scratch as opposed to copying them from the internet and trying to tweek them. It starts from the extreme basics to the very complex and gives you a step by step guide throughout the whole learning process.
It has enabled me to understand what each line of code represents and how its used within a macro. I would definately recommend this book for anyone wishing to take there Excel skills to the next level.

5.0 out of 5 stars VBA Programming - easy start, 2 Nov. 2010
The book introduces to VBA in natural way, step-by-step with useful examples and tips. Author focused in this book on practical aspect of VBA and add only necessary information about programming concepts and technical background. I need to say that I enjoyed this book and after about 100 pages of reading I've created some VBA codes to use at work. This book shows that Excel VBA is not complicated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book for beginners who want get to an advanced level, 25 Jun. 2013
This book was exactly what I was looking for. I had to build a complex program with interaction dialogs and had no clue how to do it at first, since I don't master any other language. I finished my assignment successfully and in short time with the big help of this marvellous book.
I strongly recommend it to anyone interested to master VBA for Excel use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not properly edited for use on a Kindle., 2 Jan. 2013
The text is good but the example screenshots are impossible to read on a Kindle--(and this is, after all, the Kindle edition!) and the VBA code examples are not properly formatted for the Kindle, which makes them extremely difficult to follow. Seems like editors were simply too lazy to prepare the book for use on Kindle. Better buy the hard copy version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excel VBA Programming for Dummies, 8 April 2013
I am really glad I bought this book. I find it very readable and written in such a way that it holds my interest. John Walkenbach's humour is great, making it a lighter read and showing the author's human side as well as his love for the topic. Great instruction manual with a very logical flow.

4.0 out of 5 stars im learningp, 7 Aug. 2011
New to vba but need to be able to do it for my new job......I'm half way through through the book and have learnt a great deal. I can even stray away from the books examples and try things for my self.....I've only done about 4 hours but already I'm understanding vba.....cant be bad !!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Excel VBA Programming for Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
Excel VBA Programming for Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) by John Walkenbach (Paperback - 21 May 2010)
Used & New from: £5.29