Format: Hardcover|Change

on 20 March 2010
I found this book life changing. I can say this because it altered my perceptions of business, business professionals and of making money, and since our lives are so much a function of our perception. It provides a refreshing insight into the Jewish way of thinking about business, people and their interaction and why Jews are disproportionally good with money. Lapin's written style is approachable and his descriptions often made me chortle. I found out about this book through the misesmedia youtube channel where he gave a talk. There you can get a picture of his style, amoungst other useful economic information. Overall, I'd definately recommend it to others.
on 24 July 2010
I am not a religious person but I thoroughly enjoyed Rabbi Daniel Lappin's view about wealth creation from the Jewish perspective. This book gives the reader permission to hope for greater wealth without the typical 'greed is good' overtones. The Rabbi explains the ten basic principles (commandments) to be successful with money. Easy to read, very enjoyable and a must read for these turbulent financial times.
on 21 November 2012
Stunning, absolutely stunning. The beliefs and frames that the author espouses for thinking about making money are turning my thinking around rapidly. I was recommended this book by a businessman friend and for three pounds I think it is worth fifteen times more. Read it, think on and and watch your thinking turn around to a more ethical view of money. Yes, this sounds like an author friend review but I don't know the man (yet!) but I love this book.
on 1 April 2013
Whether you are a Jew, Christian, hug trees or an atheist, I would recommend this book. It's very thorough, very practical and fairly readable. The sections at the end that summarise each chapter is very useful as the book can be very intense and trying to remember all you have just read would be more difficulty other. The suggested action points are very useful. Book is useful for changing your paradigm whether you are an established business person or new to finance.
on 11 November 2014
Its interesting to note that while we come into and exit this world, naked, bald, toothless and penniless, that while we live, we are encouraged to make the most of our time on this earth. It's not a sin to make money so long as we make it through effort and hard work, while appreciating respect for our fellow human neighbours and friends.
on 21 August 2012
This book have cause me to walk on water. Our fore fathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob walked on land so reading this book give me the courage to step out into deep waters. Great book everyone should read it. I have told so many people about this book and so many have brought it. Good stuff. God bless Rabbi Daniel Lapin and his family.
on 27 November 2013
a wee disappointed in this book.
Saw the rabbi on tv and given that I wanted to learn about prosperity from god's perspective - proceeded to buy it
just felt that i didnt get much out of the book
on 17 December 2012
This is a good book which i think everyone should read. The ideas are not unique but they are fresh because most people do not practice.
on 11 May 2014
Precious insights to reflect on and very practical. I will tell you more after living some of these truths how it has changed my life.
on 6 August 2015
I respect the ethics that Rabbi Daniel teaches, he manages to aline the Bible with business and why God wants us all to prosper.