on 11 July 2003
Well, I have read many books on strategy and organization but none has been so thorough, exciting and intuitive as this! Insisting on "the need for economic principles", the authors explore a considerable number of topics in industry evolution and firm dynamics in a very consistent, analytic and understandable manner. In contrast to most books adopting a purely qualitative analysis that disorients most serious strategy readers, this book provides a thorough quantitative arsenal for analyzing effectively and consistently almost every possible business situation... In brief: If you think business is a game, then this book is definitely its Manual.
on 30 January 2000
Excellent book! The book covers (all) the aspects of Microeconomics/Strategy in a fantastic and very readable manner. Ok, there's quantitative stuff, but kept down to a minimum. Personally, one of the view "must buy" text books in strategic management.
on 15 March 1998
Well beyond the touchy-feely strategy approach, this book explores the details behind the economic reasoning of strategic decisions of the firm. Many examples, and theory that really forms the backbone of strategy. Excelent chapters on dinamics of pricing rivalry, isolating mechanisms of competitive advantage, vertical and horizontal integration, strategic positioning and more. Cover the basics and the advaced strategy knowledge in a well written manner. Very good MBA textbook.
on 1 March 1999
Covers the main issues of Strategy that corporations and individuals must analyse before making a new investment. Gives lots of examples and simple, but very comprehensive, theoretical and mathematical applications. The use of industrial economics and microeconomics models are very soft and fitted with the subject covered. Above all, it's a strategy book that covers the main issues and theories with a educational sense of organisation and sequence.
on 15 July 2004
Truely outstanding book. Comprehensive coverage of the economic reasoning behind strategic decisions. Shame most consulting firms may have never heard of this. If there is only one book in your life you want to read about strategy and economics then this is it.
on 20 June 2011
I purchased this book after a teacher of my MSc course recommended it. I found out that this book contains detailed information on all important subjects that anyone interested in Economics of Strategy (and who doesn't necessarily have already any knowledge on the subject) should know. It is very comprehensive for students especially, without students being the only ones who will find it interesting. A very important feature that this book has is the variety of real-life examples of the practices that you read about, which make you understand better how the theory that you are reading is applied in practice. Additionally, a loud "Bravo!" goes to the authors due to the updated examples that are included and are even dated until 2009 - 2010!
on 13 August 2015
I needed this book for university and I thought It would cost me a fortune but it had a really low price and was in an excellent condition. I'll definetly buy more!
on 2 January 2015
The book is very good. It has everything I was looking for in order to help me writhing my MsC Thesis.
It was delivered on time and in perfect conditions
on 26 October 2013
nice book, this is my textbook, and deliveried very quickly.
Meet all my expectations, so, i like this fantastic book.
on 1 April 2013
I bought it because it is necessary for my postgraduate program! Finally, I am very happy that I have this book!!!