Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 June 2011
I found this book to be very useful and it pretty much did everything that I expected of it. The CD that it came was also extremely useful and accurate.

The book was well written and easy to understand. Some of the more advanced stuff was brilliantly useful and it certainly goes far beyond what you can get from the help function in excel.

It does cover some basic areas that I didn't really need as I also have the excel bible from the same author but it does mean that if you are quite comfortable in excel then you only need to buy this book.

Like a lot of books from this publisher it does have a slightly cheap feel to it and I didn't like the grey colour of the text but that is only a minor quibble.
on 8 February 2012
Although I've only dipped into a few chapters, I've already come across new ways of using features with which I thought I was already familiar. Looking forward to broadening my knowledge of Excel.
on 8 December 2014
I had high hopes for this book as I find Excel to be fascinating. I wanted a book that will provide formulas in a clear, step-by-step manner, but this book fails miserably. It is a very bland and boring read with no colour pictures, and the type is very faint written on cheap paper. I wanted to buy other books by this author too, but based on this book I will forget it. Needless to say, I promptly returned it.
on 12 December 2015
Very useful to have lying around as a reference and the sample files are a great help. Would've liked more explanation of how to use formulas nested together whereas this explains how each formula can work independently, but I guess that's what Google is for!
on 21 September 2012
Excellent purchase. Exactly what I needed and very happy indeed. This book will be of great benefit to me in the future. Plus quick delivery from order placement to receipt. Thank you.
on 29 May 2013
Hard to make a book on Excel formulae exciting I know but this does seem a bit dry. Still, even though most of what lies within is findable on the interweb sometimes it's handy to have them in a book. This is that book.
on 28 February 2014
This is suitable for both beginners and experienced Excel users.

It's not the sort of book that you start at page 1 and read to the end.

I've the Kindle edition which makes it searchable, but the graphics are tiny and can't be read even with the zoom.

The other annoyance is the numerous references to the CD-ROM which you do not get access to with the Kindle edition. Buying the printed book gets you the CD which contains a PDF version of the book which can be read by a Kindle (and if previous experience holds true has viewable graphics). I'd recommend this route rather than the Kindle edition, worth the few pounds extra.
on 9 February 2013
This book has help me a lot.
Nice and clear.
Good examples that you can try and work with.
Very good.
on 6 September 2015
Just what I was looking for. Can be used as a course for learning or for the more experienced as a reference.
on 7 April 2015
Excellent book. Read it already. Reading it again.