5.0 out of 5 stars John Walkenbach rocks!!
I had his 2003 version and became an advanced level through home study - love his sense of humour which makes it sooooo much fun to learn. I'd highly recommend it for anyone (even beginners) and I'm trying to get the Company I work for to buy one for all of the other office staff to use.
Published on 14 Oct 2010 by Dawny B

3.0 out of 5 stars EXCEL 2010 BIBLE
Published on 19 April 2011 by Thomas Page

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars John Walkenbach rocks!!, 14 Oct 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars EXCEL 2010 BIBLE, 19 April 2011
Thomas Page "BaggyGeoff" (wolverhampton W.Mids UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Excel 2010 Bible (Paperback)
The Bible is exactly that. It is extremely comprehensive and covers even subjects that I would never even dream of using myself. I found the text complex and rather too technical at times although to be fair, I do not claim to be an expert on Excel (which is why the book was bought). It is difficult to decide the level of knowledge you need from a book and I now think that I should have bought a less technical one than this although my question is how do you know how technical the book is except through reviews from previous users. This book is definitely for people with a good solid knowledge of Excel but want even more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book on Excel 2010, 27 Mar 2011
This review is from: Excel 2010 Bible (Paperback)
I've mainly used Excel 2003 in the past, and I still find the ribbon difficult to get the hang of! This book provides excellent coverage of Excel 2010 (including the ribbon). All users, whether novices or relatively experienced people, would get useful information from it. The disc with all the spreadsheets featured in the text is a great resource, as is the pdf of the whole text.

I would highly recommned this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to school, 31 Oct 2010
This review is from: Excel 2010 Bible (Paperback)
I had a little knowledge of Excel from just using its basic functions at home and at work but knowing there's more to it I really needed to learn more. So far this book is covering everything and in great detail. Yes, at the moment, most I know but every chapter brings a 'so that's how!' moment. At a 1000 pages, and after a little curious flick through, this book is going to take me way past my current level and looks like it has the scope to teach me everything I need to know. It's well laid out and an easy companion with a great index for topic hopping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Feb 2011
This review is from: Excel 2010 Bible (Paperback)
I have had this for a week, and it is excellent. I am only on page 50, and although I have been using excel since it began, I have learnt so many new shortcuts and useful bits of info. Definitely worth every penny

5.0 out of 5 stars a must too buy, 14 July 2013
This review is from: Excel 2010 Bible (Paperback)
this is an excellent book to buy, I have found it very useful and I am a elderly man of 75 but I followed the book and as been a great help to me

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Excel 2010 Bible (Paperback)
Almost gave this 5stars but I had a couple of recent Excel problems in mind when I was reading this (yes, I read it from cover to cover) and was disappointed at how they were dealt with. An example is the INDIRECT function which got me out of a real bind recently (before I got this book) but which I would have missed if I had been using this book as my only reference material. I also bought Winston's Data Analysis and Business Modelling which gives great examples of the use of INDIRECT as well as many other practical problem solutions.

I've concluded that Walkenbach's book is best suited to beginner and medium users, whereas Winston's book is suited to medium and advanced users. Good to have both books on hand I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book - become an Excel Pro, 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: Excel 2010 Bible (Paperback)
After starting my new job, it was very apparent that I needed to brush up on my Excel Skills. This book serves this purpose absolutely incredibly - and then some!

The book can be used as a text book (working from the beginning, through to the end) or as reference material for those times when you want to do something, but are not quite sure how to accomplish it.

The book covers everything from the rudimentary elements of Excel, such as entering data into a cell, all the way through to applying complex VBA programming to your workbooks.

The book also comes complete with a very helpful disc that is full of exercises that are referenced within the text. These prove invaluable as they offer an opportunity to apply your newly acquired knowledge, practically.

Another neat feature of the accompanying CD is that it comes loaded with a fully DRM free, PDF copy of the book. I cannot stress enough how helpful this has been. Having a PDF copy of the book has meant that I have been able to store it on my laptop, and take it everywhere as I work. Better still, having a PDF version of the book makes it very easy to search the text for key words.

All in all, I highly recommend this book if you are serious about getting good With Microsoft Excel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I Got It, 3 Feb 2013
E. Smith (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Excel 2010 Bible (Paperback)
I've not read a huge amount of this, just dipping in and out for specific topics or queries, but each time I've looked I've found the answer I wanted.

One good thing is that it comes with the whole book on high quality pdf on a disc, along with many working Excel examples to match what's discussed in most chapters. I use the pdf in the office as it's indexed, has hyperlinks and is less obtrusive. I'm now able to do more on excel without looking like I'm searching for an answer.

The style of writing is pretty informal and not so technical that you don't understand what's being discussed. It's the sort of book where you're constantly learning new and better ways of doing what you do as part of the day job, so it's money very well spent.

I'd definitely recommend this to even intermediate users, as they're just so much useful information that you're bound to learn things to enhance your use of Excel and get more out of a normally hugely under-utilised product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was after !, 15 Jan 2013
G (Bristol, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Excel 2010 Bible (Paperback)
I had a fair but pretty basic understanding of Excel and knew there was much more it could do if only I knew how. I looked at training courses but they seemed to cover lots of things I wasn't really interested in so I opted for a reference book. What I received came as a nice surprise. It's actually quite entertainingly written (so far as you can be entertaining when describing spreadsheets !) and I find the style very easy to follow. It is a huge book and I can't say I've read it cover to cover but I have found what I was after easily and mastered the techniques. There are helpful examples and data you can pracice on in the CD. I particularly like the way there are no big jumps where you can't see how he went from simple to complex. Each topic starts very simple and builds up gradually to very complex. Some might find this a bit slow but I found it really helpful. I've also got a better understanding of all sorts of things you can do with Excel that I had no idea about and I don't need yet ... but when I do I'll know exactly where to learn about them ! Highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Excel 2010 Bible
Excel 2010 Bible by John Walkenbach (Paperback - 11 May 2010)
20.99