5.0 out of 5 stars great book for oldies, 1 April 2013
This review is from: Using the Internet Safely for Seniors For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this book to try and guide my retired parent on the use of the internet as they were quite sceptical about the whole thing. After reading the book which explained things in an easy to understand way my parents are no silver surfing with the best of them. No issues with delivery and would use the seller again.

5.0 out of 5 stars for my mum, 17 May 2013
got this for my mum she has be able to use it and is in good order she now can ues the laptop all the books I have orderd form this shop have be in good order

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book But Misleading Title, 5 Jan. 2013
M. Saunders "Shopperholic" (Milton Keynes England) - See all my reviews
Yes I do agree with all the comments commending this book, however like many IT professionals they get confused between the World Wide Web and the Internet. This is particularly important because it is something that users need to be aware of!!!

I will try and put this in a basic form for beginners because this is the intended market of the book.

The World Wide Web:- This is what some may consider to be the Internet because they have heard the phrase "I am surfing the Internet", however this is incorrect. The World Wide Web relates to images, pictures, video files etc which a person may see when they are using a piece of software called an Internet Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox).

The Internet:- Is a global network that allows data to be transferred from a to b.

In reference to transporting goods, we could say that:-

The Internet is the road which the lorry will be driving on

The World Wide Web is the goods that the person can see, which the lorry has transported.

Hope this helps!

PS Apologies for any grammar issues I wrote this quickly.

Using the Internet Safely for Seniors For Dummies
Using the Internet Safely for Seniors For Dummies by Linda Criddle (Paperback - 27 Mar. 2009)