on 15 April 2011
I was lucky to come across this book in my local library and ordered it before I had to return it.

I think Roni has put together a a huge and comprehensive volume of techniques and ideas using product that is for the most part readily available. Compared to some books by other more well known artists I think this book is streets ahead and it comes down to the fact that Roni is not trying to sell any product with her name on. Rather than showcasing product she has pure technique on show. I believe this book would be helpful for the papercrafters of all ilks; card markers, scrapbookers, altered and collage artists.

I found her instructions easy to follow and the sheer number of step by step pictures is impressive and fantastic.

This is a book to keep close at hand in your creative space and refer to and learn from over and over.
on 8 August 2009
Having seen Roni Johnson's work on her web blog, I was delighted to buy this titleTeach Yourself Visually Collage and Altered Art (Teach Yourself VISUALLY Consumer). I am very satisfied with the quality of the book. The photography is fabulous & it caters for all levels of mixed media artist. I am a scrapbooker & mixed media artist & have found fresh approaches to techniques. This book supplies endless ideas & full instructions (many step by step) to help you gain your confidence.
Well worth the price. Mine was on pre-order because having seen the type of work Roni does I knew I would not be disappointed with the content and neither will you be.
on 28 May 2012
A very informative and easy to follow source book of visual inspiration. The book is almost an encyclopaedia of techniques and ideas for all types of collage and art projects popular amongst papercrafters and those who like to get inky! A very good purchase for those wishing to expand their horizons.
on 31 December 2010
I am not a scrapbooker but a cardmaker who also dabbles in altered art. I bought this book after browsing around on Amazon and finding Roni's blog online. It is very clear with its step-by-step instructions, but I think I would have preferred a few more spreads on design and layout; these being my weaker areas. Many topics are just allocated one double-page spread, I'd prefer more than that. However, I 'd whole heartedly recommend this book as a way of getting your creative juices flowing and your fingers very inky! It's encyclopaedic in its knowledge; one to keep. Roni's style is appealing. I can't stand images that are too sentimental, but she's as refreshing as a drink of cool water.
on 4 April 2014
This is an excellent book full of excellent informative how to's.Would recommend this book to beginners and peeps of all abilities.
on 8 September 2014