5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful book, 7 Jan 2011
This review is from: Photoshop CS4 (Top 100 Simplified Tips & Tricks) (Paperback)
I found this book extremely useful for getting to grips with PhotoShop CS4.

It sits nicely between those books that are are little more than a list of tools, and those that are too wordy. In this book the author explains, in simple steps shown as numbered callouts on clear screenshots, how to do over 100 essential and useful PhotoShop tasks.

The wide range of tasks taught are extremely useful ones, and the explanations are clear and precise, yet deliciously succinct. They start with fairly basic workspace and customisation tips and go on to cover things like levels, selections, retouching and enhancing photos and using the text tools. The difficulty level of each task is given and a few of the more complex ones require knowledge and skill, but the easy steps help you try them out and so learn those skills. The 14 bonus tips cover some popular PhotoShop plug-ins from the likes of Nik, Alien Skin and Akvis.

I found that this book opened up PhotoShop CS4 for me - its easy steps encouraged me to have a go and helped me quickly increase my skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just so useful, 15 April 2009
I have been a Photoshop user since version 5 but a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since then in terms of what PS can do. Although I use it virtually everyday, PS is now a "huge" program and can be used in so many different ways from illustration, graphics, web layout, web components and my personal favourite, Photography.

The reality is that PS is a "Many Headed Beast" and over the years I have had the fun of talking to people who use it for 'specific' and work related reasons in this environment or that. The truth is that the program that they describe to me and the program how I use it, is totally different whilst still being the same program and version !

In fact I use PS in most 'modes' from time to time despite my main use being 'photographic processing'. Sure, I maybe a bit thick but the truth is that with a program such as PS with all its potential, you are just never going to remember every 'sequence and approach' to every problem. This book is excellent because it gives you "walk-throughs" on particular operations which would be good for learning alone.

However to me its value is tripled because I know the way PS "thinks", a particular "Tip", often acts as a memory trigger to how I solved a problem six or 12 months back which maybe a bit of "this tip" but allied to something else. Although this might look like a book for a PS novice, it really isn't, it is just a brilliant memory jogger for people who have a grasp of PS from whatever angle.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good "idiots guide" type of book, 14 Jun 2014
It was a very usefull book for users of this software, with screen shots making it easy to navigate through the lessons.

The book was dispatched quickly and in excellent condition

4.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop book, 6 April 2011
S. Machell (uk) - See all my reviews
I like these books because they are simple and straight forward, but I think Photoshop is a complicated bit of software so am still finding it a bit difficult...perhaps I need to go to school !!

Photoshop CS4 (Top 100 Simplified Tips & Tricks)
Photoshop CS4 (Top 100 Simplified Tips & Tricks) by Lynette Kent (Paperback - 6 Feb 2009)
15.90