on 13 August 2012
The book is really very well written with great explanations, but as stated in the title, too detailed for a master level course on corporate finance. If you try to apply the DCF method endorsed in the book (based on NOPLAT) you will end up spending days in reorganising the historical data.

For a good approach on valuation I would recommend "Investment Banking" (Rosenbaum) which is much more streamlined or for a very concise (but understandable) approach "Takeovers, Restructuring, and Corporate Governance" (Weston).
on 2 June 2013
I am not strong in accounting, so I wish I had just brushed up all my accounting before reading this book. But it's really straight forward, well written, well structured, and as the chapters are logically named - you know what to skip and what to read carefully.
on 18 October 2014
I found the book particularly useful In what regards the valuation of flexibility. Highlly recomend!
on 3 February 2011
The Corporate valuation book by Mc Kinsey authors Tim Koller, Marc Goedhart and David Wessels is a very comprehensive, in depth and as well very practical guide for the senior executives to have a meaningful business decisions shaping the future growth path of their companies delivering the the right value for the stakeholders, including themselves.
on 5 March 2014
The book has delivered in a prefect condition. Delivery time also punctual, less than 5 working days (beyond my expectatation).
The content of the book quite helpful for beginners with slight finance knowledge and also focus enough to give information from accounting overview. It explain some method with a simple steps.
on 14 January 2012
The McKinsey Free Cash Flow valuation model is mathematically flawed. It cannot find the real-world value of anything. Otherwise the book is the best of its kind.

I will share an outline of the Fair Market Value Model (FMVM) with anyone who asks for it. Compare the two models and you will see what I mean. A first grader could see the difference.

I have been working with valuation theory for many years. I am a former business school Dean and Professor of Finance. I have degrees in math, engineering and micro economics and a doctorate in economics. Before retiring and becoming a teacher I was the CEO of a publicly owned company. I am now retired and have nothing to sell.

I will be happy to e-mail you the outline. Love to debate the issue with any responsible person.
2222 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 July 2013
Read this book to understand the basics of valuation. Good introductory book. However, the valuation of early stage ventures and unlisted companies is not covered well.
on 20 January 2015
Bought this book - labelled very good (used) - Except for a crease on the cover this book was as good as brand new. Excellent!
on 26 September 2010
The bbok is very clear and explain in a plain and nice way its content. Very good
on 27 September 2010
I bought this book due to my studies at the master for corporate valuation. I have already done a course of valuation but this book is able to help you to better understand the bases of valuation.