I have tried Photoshop CS4 for Dummies and found it frustrating after 140 pages of theoretical introduction to the environment with no exercises - at the end of the day you just want to get started using the program. I was disappointed with Photoshop CS4 for Dummies as I found Dreamweaver CS4 for Dummies really useful.

I purchased Photoshop CS4 Digital...
Published on 21 Jun 2009 by Dionysuss

3.0 out of 5 stars Much better Books You Can Buy
I bought this after reading the revive. Unfortunately this is a waste of money for me. You are learning only the very basic and I felt why they didn't include at least one more exercise for each chapter explaining a bit into little advanced information.
Of course you will learn by any books but some books are only for business but not for proper learning.
I have...
Published on 29 July 2009 by Bright Lanka

5.0 out of 5 stars A Stunning introduction to Photoshop and the Adobe Bridge Application, 21 Jun 2009
This review is from: Photoshop CS4 Digital Classroom (Paperback)

I purchased Photoshop CS4 Digital Classroom and I am amazed at the quality, clear tuition with superb worked examples which have made me realise the potential that can be achieved with this amazing program.

All exmples and lessons are backed up with great video and image files (all are included on the supplied DVD). The first lesson gets you working immediately. Each lesson introduces the environment bit by bit as you need it within the practical lessons showing you a number of ways in which to achieve the same goal. Keyboard shortcuts are introduced together with mouse control.

I cannot praise the the author: Jennifer Smith, enough - this is an excellent training course which has been designed by a team of superb trainers that leave nothing to chance and consistently hand hold the student every step of the way.

In summary - clear video lessons, supported exactly with excellent and detailed book lesson exercises to support you working with the supplied images which enable you to utilise the key features of Photoshop.

It is by far the best software tutorial for beginners that I have ever used.

One further point - it also guides you to other Adobe training resources on the web (including the URLs) for further investigation.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the book I have been searching for., 13 Sep 2011
C. J. Morris (Waterlooville, Hants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Photoshop CS4 Digital Classroom (Paperback)
Being a relatively recent afficionado of digital photography, have attended courses and tried a range of books in order to get, at least, a sufficient understanding of Photoshop to enable me to make the best of my photographs. Among these was Adobe's own 'Classroom in a Book' which was very disappointing and difficult to follow for a ground-floor photographer like me. Beginners to the awesome power of Photoshop CS4 need a book which will demonstrate the features in a clear, understandable way via the medium of step-by-step exercises. Albeit with a little trepidation lest I should buy another turkey, I bought 'Adobe Photoshop CS4 Digital Classroom'. This has to be the must-have, definitive work for all who wish to use the power of this software to enjoy their hobby to the full.
In response to the suggestion that this book is not sufficiently advanced, there are other works which would take the learner on to higher levels (such as Photoshop CS4 Essential Skills') and 'Digital Photo' magazine has attached DVDs illustrating advanced skills with each monthly edition.
I would not hesitate to recommend the subject book - it's brilliant!

3.0 out of 5 stars Much better Books You Can Buy, 29 July 2009
This review is from: Photoshop CS4 Digital Classroom (Paperback)
I have learned a bit (Thanks) from this book but have nothing special. If I had bought this before 'Classroom in a Book' I would have given 5*s but compare to that 3* is bit too much. If I didn't open the video I would have returned this book, in other hand it is the catch.

Photoshop CS4 Digital Classroom
Photoshop CS4 Digital Classroom by AGI Creative Team (Paperback - 31 Oct 2008)
Used & New from: £1.22