Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 November 2009
What I love about this book is that it it explains Macrobiotis in such a clear and practicle way. I have been Macrobiotic for 10 years, and this is by far one of my favourite books becuase it is so to the piont. Verne Varona is an excellent writer and this book is a must have!
on 8 July 2009
I have been reading an amazing book called Macrobiotics for Dummies by Verne Varona and thought it was full of wonderful and helpful information about health, nutrition, macrobiotics and general wellbeing. I loved it and bought copies for friends too. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who is interested in getting healthier and want to enjoy a better quality of life. Verne is a wonderful writer and puts everything across in an easy way which makes it enjoyable to read and is entertaining too. So pleased I bought it and am sure it will inspire so many people to change the way they think about their health. Julie x
on 8 October 2009
I found this book really helpful, it discussed macrobiotics but in an up to date and easy context. I got some realy useful tips and am now forever boring my friends and family with useful 'health' information. I use it like a bible now and refer to it often.
on 12 August 2010
Great introduction to the 'macrobiotic way'. Need to find more recipes, but the book gives a good overview into what you can and can't eat, and why.
on 18 December 2009
this is an excellent book everyone should read; it is urgent to change our feeding way and this book helps everyone to understand lots of things related to food and the correct way of eating, normally hidden by the food industry interests.
on 15 September 2015
I am enjoying reading this book very much. The writer has laid it out logically and gives good examples of differences between junk food and whole food. I am learning a lot about the way the body works and the importance of eating a balanced diet.
The font is quite small and it would have been useful to have made it a bit larger.
on 18 January 2013
Having read several books on Macrobiotics, this one stands out as being clear, comprehensive and easily accessible. I like the way Verne Varona has written and arranged the book; it covers a lot of ground and whether you read it from start to finish or dip into it via the excellent index, you're bound to find up to date and interesting information with regard to understanding the Macrobiotic lifestyle.
on 9 February 2012
A Great book,very informative and seems to cover everything i wanted to know. It makes macrobiotics seem less intimidating.Its my 4th book on this subject and the last most probably as i feel now i have all the `tools` i need to proceed to change my diet.
on 21 January 2011
All the Dummies books I've seen have been excellent and this is no exception. Clear, thorough and practical.

Practical in this case means to me that the advice is usable by someone living in the Western world with access to normal shops and a lifetime habituation to our diet. It's not 'go and live in Japan' or 'live on brown rice' or 'nothing but lettuce'.

Breakfast is, I think, the most difficult British meal to replace without impossible cravings. Well, beans on toast is in the recipe list. A not insignificant part of the 'full English' we are nearly all addicted to.

It's difficult to see that you'd need another book if you buy this one.
on 8 August 2012
Very good book with lots of information presented in a variety of ways to suit those who want the techy side and those who aren't so interested in the science. Haven't tried many of the recipies yet and maybe would have been a bit more inspired to if there were good pictures of the dishes but as this isn't really a recipe book I don't think it's fair to critise for them not being available.