Email Marketing: An Hour a Day
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£10.25+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 15 February 2009
I'm a fairly experienced email marketer so I was looking for a book that took me to the next level. I found it!

After reading it and making notes, I have about 50 points that I can use for my firm and our clients.

Amongst the most useful are:
(1) Click-to-Open indicates the value and effectiveness of the email.
(2) Create 4 buckets for your follow up campaigns eg customers, more engaged, clicked only once, non respondents and treat each group differently.
(3) Calculate an Engagement Metric for your list so you know how it's performing.

I would have liked to see more specific numbers for campaigns, but I understand customer confidentiality often prevents this.

Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone who is involved in email marketing or thinking of getting involved it. You will pick up practical points you can use to improve your results.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 9 September 2009
What a dreadful book. It's wordy, long and poorly laid out, with oodles of text rammed in. That's a supreme irony when you consider it is trying to get across the power of email (and giving succinct, relevant messages). You will need a number of hours to get your head around it (i.e. much more than an hour a day!). If there are "nuggets" in there, I'm struggling to find them.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again