4.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful Guide
I'm a fairly experienced email marketer so I was looking for a book that took me to the next level. I found it!

After reading it and making notes, I have about 50 points that I can use for my firm and our clients.

Amongst the most useful are:
(1) Click-to-Open indicates the value and effectiveness of the email.
(2) Create 4 buckets for your...
Published on 15 Feb 2009 by Peter Davey

1.0 out of 5 stars eMail Marketing: An Hour a Day
Published on 9 Sep 2009 by markaswain1

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful Guide, 15 Feb 2009
Peter Davey (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: eMail Marketing: An Hour a Day (Paperback)

Amongst the most useful are:
(1) Click-to-Open indicates the value and effectiveness of the email.
(2) Create 4 buckets for your follow up campaigns eg customers, more engaged, clicked only once, non respondents and treat each group differently.
(3) Calculate an Engagement Metric for your list so you know how it's performing.

I would have liked to see more specific numbers for campaigns, but I understand customer confidentiality often prevents this.

Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone who is involved in email marketing or thinking of getting involved it. You will pick up practical points you can use to improve your results.

1.0 out of 5 stars eMail Marketing: An Hour a Day, 9 Sep 2009
This review is from: eMail Marketing: An Hour a Day (Paperback)
What a dreadful book. It's wordy, long and poorly laid out, with oodles of text rammed in. That's a supreme irony when you consider it is trying to get across the power of email (and giving succinct, relevant messages). You will need a number of hours to get your head around it (i.e. much more than an hour a day!). If there are "nuggets" in there, I'm struggling to find them.

eMail Marketing: An Hour a Day
eMail Marketing: An Hour a Day by David Daniels (Paperback - 21 Nov 2008)