Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 1 March 2009
My experience with many "after-market" guides has almost always been that you get a book with the first couple of chapters dedicated to product that you have purchased, whilst the remaining 80% book is a generic guide on the relevant subject - in this case photography. I suppose that, in this way, the publishers and author can use the vast majority of the material for a range of different products.

What has impressed me with this book is that it is 342 pages dedicated solely to the Nikon D60. The illstrations are in large clear colour throughout, it contains frequent "screen dumps" from the information display on the camera, and all is explained in everyday language. This book starts where the manufacturer's hand book leaves off, and whilst the handbook tells you "what the camera does" this shows book shows you "how". I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone from beginner to intermediate level (which is after all the sector of the DSLR market the D60 aims to capture).

For my money this book is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition, I am very pleased with it.
on 26 July 2009
I never read any of the 'for Dummies' books before, but having decided to buy a DSLR and have a go at photography as a hobby I was overwhelmed with the complexity of my new Nikon D60. The Nikon D60 for Dummies book demonstrates how to use the camera in simple easy to understand terms with illustrations on every step along the way from the setting up the camera to learning how to use the advanced setting to get stunning shots. A book that I am sure I will refer to again and again in the future...
on 16 September 2009
I have had my D60 for nearly a year and have yet to learn how to use it. I tried a few online sources and the manual it came with. I've always had cameras and consider myself electronically savvy, but knew I was missing out on many things this camera has to offer. This is my first "Dummies" book and I couldn't be happier with it. It is a wonderful resource for learning this camera and is very easy to follow. I highly recommend buying this book at the same time you buy the camera, so you don't waste nearly a year as I did.
on 16 October 2009
I bought this book after struggling with others such as The Complete DSLR handbook. I love photography and am super keen to learn but other books were just tooo technical. This book however was much easier to read and use. I worked through it bit by bit on a week long holiday in Corsica. There were some tricky bits but the book would warn you so you could decide if you wanted to plough on or if you'd save it for another time when you're armed with a large vino!

My photography skills and understanding of my own camera have increased exponentially since using this book and to be honest i'm only really half way through!!
on 11 October 2009
This book is very good at first glance. I have yet to use it in any great detail as I have not got the book long. I am a new user of a DSLR camera so I have a lot to learn. I have a digital camera which is basic point and shoot so I have a lot to learn about my new camera. I have just returned from hols where I used my new Nikon D60 intensively. Tried different features but need to read up this book so I can use my camera to its best. Looking forward to using this book as a manual as the manual that came with camera is very technical. This book is more user friendly.
on 23 July 2009
I recently purchased a Nikon D60 so as to take up photography as a hobby.
I am a complete novice with DSLR cameras' and the Nikon D60 for dummies is exactly the type of book I was after to help me with all the cameras functions, tips/instructions for taking great pictures and also for post editing.
I would strongly recommend this book to all who like me are complete novices to the world of DSLR cameras as it just explains everything in very simple readable terms.
on 4 February 2013
I've had my D60 for quite a while and didn't feel that I was using the camera to it's best. I came accross this and bought it on Kindle.
It's refreshing to read and guides you through all that the camera can do and how to do it, in simple terms. If you're still a bit unsure about unsing your D60 to it's fullest, you could give this book a go. You'll be surprised at what you can learn (I was).
on 22 March 2009
The book is easy to understand and the step by step explanations are written in plan English and not all this technical jargon. So if you have a Nikon D60 is book, you should not be without it.
on 20 September 2009
Well i had a couple of books for the D60 Camera and both were actually good deleivering a great knowledge for whoever using the D60 for the first time. But actually i found this one "Dummies" deleiver more information and tips and tricks for the first time user that does not exsist in other books ... it's a must have though ..
on 2 February 2011
Having had a Nikon D60 for a couple of years and rarely read the instruction manual I have taken the plunge and bought this dedicated "Dummies" guide to my camera. With well over 300 pages it looks a little daunting at first. I have only read the intoductory chapters but have already learnt a lot more about the camera's basic functionality. I will read the book in small doses and that's probably the key to getting the most from it...read a bit and play with the camera at the same time. I hope to be able to use some of the D60's more complex picture setting modes in the not-too-distant future!

Well worth the purchase price.