Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 November 2011
This book does everything apart from write your actual script for you. It's clear, concise, and offers sensible advice from someone who obviously knows all the pitfalls. Highly recommended for anyone starting off, or who needs a bit of a refresher, or is facing the dreaded writer's block. Or indeed, just needs a bit of inspiration during the hundreds, sometimes thousands, of hours it takes to create and write a film script.
on 20 July 2009
I've read similar books on the subject by other authors such as Syd Field. Whilst Syd Field's book "The Definitive Guide to Screenwriting" is valuable in explaining (at length and repeatedly) about getting into the mindset of being a screen writer - this book nicely lays the initial groundwork on all areas. I'd recommend getting this book before all others. If you still feel unsure after reading it, then move on to a heavier book such as the afore mentioned "The Definitive Guide to Screenwriting".
on 2 January 2013
This is a very practical guide to screenwriting. If like me you are seeking to turn a novel into a screenplay, this tells you exactly what the format should be. It will doubtless prove to be the main work I refer to as I write my screenplay.
on 31 March 2011
This Dummy guide is very american and really aimed at writing film/movie scripts - so if thats your field or where you want to go then yes this books for you - if not and tv's your thing look else where.
on 24 May 2013
I'm working on a tv scriptwriting course. Struggling a bit. Dipping sideways into this text is helping to keep me motivated.
on 27 January 2014
Great Books, I have been six months at my TV/FILM/MEDIA/PHOTOGRAPHY Course now and I love it. I am in the middle of shooting my first short film. I don't like Editing so far, but with this book and my own PC at home, I am starting to get the hang of it. Great Books. I have bought my first movie camera, and starting to get to know it. This book helps, I like it! Great help with my first Screen Play!
on 18 September 2014
This is a good book for making you think carefully of how you approach making a script which is seen and heard on film or T.V. - quite different from reading a book! This is a good book to start you off on screenwriting.
on 28 December 2012
this product is so amazing it is giving me loads of information in order for me to write a film script
on 21 June 2016
Perfect.
on 12 March 2014
...and that's about it! well written, accessible and has given him lots of ideas to write his first blockbuster! Recommended.