5.0 out of 5 stars The best beginners' guide
This book is by far the best beginners guide to Lightroom 2. What it lacks in details of sophisticated processing techniques, it more than makes up for in easy-to-follow steps for getting to grips with this highly complex program for the first time.
Published on 11 Dec 2008 by Ivan Strahan

3.0 out of 5 stars I really don't think a dummy could use this book
The book no doubt explains most of the intricacies of Lightroom but, in my opinion, not particularly clearly.
Published on 13 Jun 2010 by T. P. Spowart

5.0 out of 5 stars The best beginners' guide, 11 Dec 2008
Ivan Strahan (Co. Down, N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Photoshop Lightroom 2 For Dummies (Paperback)
When presented with an application as initially baffling as Lightroom 2, it is easy to get totally overwhelmed by the enormous number of options there are at every stage of every process. By taking a do-this-don't-do-that approach, this book enables one to start using Lightroom almost instantly.
This approach is so much better than other books which start by considering all the options in detail, leaving the reader in total confusion as what is best to do. I found this book an excellent prelude to exploring Scott Kelby's detailed book, which fills out the techniques learnt initially in the Dummies book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont leave home without it!, 4 Feb 2009
M. EDWARDS "Mervyn" (WINCHESTER, HANTS United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Photoshop Lightroom 2 For Dummies (Paperback)
If you are a newcomer to Lightroom, this is essential.

Lightroom is a way of working not just another piece of software. Like other Photoshop products, there are numerous 'hidden' features that you will not find without reading the book. Generally I can find my way around a piece of software without a manual, but not with Lightroom. The organisation and understanding of the Catalogue is essential. Without this book I would have been so frustrated, I think I would have given up.

It is well written, and easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very worthwhile buy, 12 Jun 2009
NR Turner (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Photoshop Lightroom 2 For Dummies (Paperback)
I'm about 2/3 of the way through. It's very clear and very good. I like the chatty style. I can't think of anything to criticise about it - the pictures are also good. I'd just be stuck if I didn't have it as there is no guide within Lightroom when you buy it (or at least both versions I bought from Amazon didn't have a guide book - I returned one thinking this was an error - what a bizarre customer care policy Adobe has?!). So this is a very worthwhile purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lightroom 2, 4 Jan 2011
This review is from: Photoshop Lightroom 2 For Dummies (Paperback)
Found the more profesional books clearer. Found myself saying "what are they on about" Not very helpful, Anyone new to Lightroom 2 would be better off with The Adobe Lightrom 2 Book by Martin Evening, and plenty of patience. The Dummies book may have all the information , but its all down to how it is explained, this is were it falls down badly, "clear as mud"

3.0 out of 5 stars I really don't think a dummy could use this book, 13 Jun 2010
T. P. Spowart "Tomsp" (Durham, England) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 24 Mar 2009
This review is from: Photoshop Lightroom 2 For Dummies (Paperback)
This book is a great introduction to basic Lightroom 2 usage, including what each tool is and how to use it in a fairly simple way. It also teaches you how to instigate a workflow which I found useful.

The book isn't perfect, but it is certainly a very good introduction if you find the software confusing (I for example hadn't used anything like it before). Value for money wise, you probably won't do better if you're a beginner.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Photoshop Lightroom 2 For Dummies (Paperback)
I am too thick for the Dummies version, I need something a bit simpler!

5.0 out of 5 stars photoshop lightroom fo dummies, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Photoshop Lightroom 2 For Dummies (Paperback)
excellent book in very good condition,easy to follow and understand the instructions. I would definitely recommend this book for lightroom users.

5.0 out of 5 stars Given as a gift, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Photoshop Lightroom 2 For Dummies (Paperback)
Recipients comments are that it is a good publication but some background knowledge in the use of such applications as Lightroom is useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect help for beginner, 4 May 2012
This review is from: Photoshop Lightroom 2 For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this book to help me develop skills and use in Lightroom for my own personal projects as well as enabling me to deliver it at gcse level. A great step by step book that simply explains the basic to more developed use of Lightroom. Also scope to use pages for handouts in lessons. Really glad I chose this book.

Photoshop Lightroom 2 For Dummies
Photoshop Lightroom 2 For Dummies by Rob Sylvan (Paperback - 5 Sep 2008)
12.45