`Basic Maths and Pre-Algebra Workbook for Dummies' is the accompanying workbook to the main dummies textbook of the same name. It is in a slightly larger format than the main book and is printed on much inferior paper, but the information inside is great. In some respects you don't need the main book to get the most from this workbook. Each chapter introduces the key concepts, shows you how to do the equations, then proceeds to provide some problems for you to solve, before giving the answers at the end of the chapter. You can get a great deal from this book alone and the main `Basic Maths and Pre-Algebra for Dummies' book only provides the same information but fleshes it out and goes into greater depth. If you're goal is to brush up on existing skills then you can quite easily buy this book on it's own. If it's to gain a fuller knowledge of math or if you're starting from scratch, then using both books is probably the better option. This follows the typical `dummies' format, and if you have read any other of the dummies book you'll know what to expect. There is the slightly tongue in cheek text delivery, clear icons and obligatory part of tens at the back. As I noted on my review for the main book, I worked my way through this, accompanied with the main book that goes with it, and my math skills increased incredibly. I realised I knew a lot of this information from school, but this book gave me the confidence to use it and it refreshed my memory about how certain equations are done. This is a good book to get some math practise and a great place to turn if you want to beat those maths demons.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 19 September 2010
I never really grasped maths while at school and have always felt at a disadvantage - always having to ask a friend to help me out with percentages etc. I am slowly working through this book and am starting to discover what maths is all about. I can do this at my own pace and go back as many times as necessary to make sure I am taking it all in.
on 22 May 2012
This is a very easy to use book for an adult who has forgotten or who never learnt basic maths
on 28 May 2012
It had been a long time since I had studied algebra and I was looking for a book to take me back to basics; this book was exactly what I was looking for. I do feel this book is more for "brushing up" your knowledge rather than starting from scratch.
on 22 October 2013
I had to relearn maths almost entirely to pass my training course, and this book had the answer. It's very well written and doesn't treat you like an idiot for not knowing the basics.
on 18 February 2016