5.0 out of 5 stars Medical Terminology for Dummies
I am a Medical Secretary and whilst studying for my AMSPAR exam (medical terminology) this book was like GOLD-DUST. It helped me enormously. My son is doing a Psychiatric Nursing course and I bought him a copy and he is also finding it very helpful.
Published on 20 Mar. 2009 by Mrs. J. Duncan

3.0 out of 5 stars Well written, however American book
Published on 23 Jan. 2011 by Stepka

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Well written, however American book, 23 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Medical Terminology For Dummies (Paperback)
I purchased this book to help me to study a BSMSA Medical Terminology course. Whilst I find this book very well written and interesting to read this book is American which means that not all the terminology matches British medical terminology. I can read all about the body systems but with regards to medical terms I don't rely on these in the book because they might but might not be right. So if you do study Medical Terminology course in Britain be aware this book is not British.

5.0 out of 5 stars Medical Terminology for Dummies, 20 Mar. 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Medical Terminolgy for dummies, 1 Jun. 2010
P. Collins (Hampshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Medical Terminology For Dummies (Paperback)
Very well written - informative and humerous which makes it easy to read and to understand. This book is well laid out for pain free learning and is a pleasure to use. I have just starting training to be a medical secretary and have found the book very helpful and would recommend to anyone working within a medical environment.

4.0 out of 5 stars brill!!!!!!!!!!, 31 May 2009
cole "ann" (cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Medical Terminology For Dummies (Paperback)
great book, training as health care assistant and want to understand what is being said and talked about around me love this book anyone can use it

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a quick refresher, 25 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Medical Terminology For Dummies (Paperback)
This book is great. It clearly sets out all you need and advises on how to learn more. It is as brief as the subject will allow, but guides the reader through each stage. Excellent for a refresher before up-grading your work!

4.0 out of 5 stars Suffering Suffixes, 28 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Medical Terminology For Dummies (Paperback)
Found the Medical Terminology Book very informative, gives Memorization techniques, Word Pronunciation's to name but a few. There are explanations of Suffixes, Prefixes and Root Words.Even information on Web sites to link into for dictionaries as well as body parts illustrations. Definitely recommend purchasing this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great starting point for beginners, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Medical Terminology For Dummies (Paperback)
Like all the other books I've read in the 'For Dummies' series, Medical Terminology in particular makes the subject very accessible to the absolute beginner. Having attempted to compile notes from other sources beforehand, this book is definitely worth your money for how much time alone it will save you trying to gather lists of Latin root words and suffixes and having no idea where to possibly start studying. This book structures things into a handy guide of surface and internal anatomy and logically works its way through a foundation of everything you need to know in an order that makes sense and therefore will be easier to remember.
As for the seller it arrived within its delivery estimate and in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars medical terminology, 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Medical Terminology For Dummies (Paperback)
easy to understand and very handy to have as some terminology not used on an everyday basis. good to be able to remind oneself. Should have bought on the kindle

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has been more helpful to me than anything in the uni so far., 2 April 2013
This review is from: Medical Terminology For Dummies (Paperback)
As someone who had never really done anything scientific before in his life, I was scared to start my nursing course with no knowledge of medicine or the healthcare setting.
However, I bought this book a year and a half ago and still think back to it while doing the work for the course, or out on placement.

It's a great place to start if you plan to work in the healthcare setting, I'd definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite interesting, 25 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Medical Terminology For Dummies (Paperback)
The thing I like about this book is the fact that there is a lot of anatomy mentioned rather than it just being a list of medical terminology. But it definitely isn't for dummies, I think perhaps some background of biology is helpful.

The reason I gave it 4 stars is I think it could have come with more pictures to illustrate what it's saying about the structure of some body parts.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Medical Terminology For Dummies
Medical Terminology For Dummies by Jennifer Lee Dorsey (Paperback - 28 Nov. 2008)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available