on 17 November 2009
Covers the key functionality in a useful and generally well thought out way.

A little bit more time could have been spent on chapter content and layout/editing in the aim of avoiding repetition and achieving concise expression but in the fast changing world of computer software this is usually more of an aspiration than a reality in manuals such as these.

I'm glad I bought it and it has proved useful - that's the main test I suppose.
on 4 September 2010
I have worked in the Business Information space for over 10 years and bought this book to add SQL Server Reporting Services to my set of expertise.

The book is poorly arranged. A large portion of beginning focuses on the overall architecture and then a summary of each report object. Only in Chapter 6 does the reader actually start creating reports. I spent hours trying to figure out why my report was not like the one in the example - only to find either the example is plainly wrong or the author has left out crucial information or steps.

Wrox normally provide very good technical books, and fortunately the SSAS and SSIS books in the SQL Server 2008 professional series are very good. This book unfortunately is very disappointing and I would suggest anyone interested in SQL Sever 2008 Reporting Services look elsewhere.