5.0 out of 5 stars How to love XHTML
I used the original of this book back in the nineties, and I have recently acquired the updated version to help build a 21st century website. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I was scared stiff of the modern requirements, but being a dummy myself, the book lives up to its title. Be not afraid, oh ye of little faith. Trust in this book and all will become clear!!!!
Published on 24 Oct 2010 by bev orwell

3.0 out of 5 stars HTML, XHTML & CSS
Published on 14 Jan 2009 by Jonathan Jenkyn

5.0 out of 5 stars How to love XHTML, 24 Oct 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars good detailed html guide, 8 Mar 2009
This review is from: HTML, XHTML and CSS For Dummies (Paperback)
this product provides the basic understanding of html scripting
it is very detailed and very easy to understand
great product!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars HTML, XHTML & CSS, 14 Jan 2009
Jonathan Jenkyn "belial_co_uk" (Ipswich, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTML, XHTML and CSS For Dummies (Paperback)
To begin with I should state that I am already fairly comfortable with HTML and CSS. I have been writing bespoke PHP sites since 2000. I recently found my HTML to be a little (how do I say) scruffy, and wanted an offline reference manual to describe step-by-step some of the overall concepts of HTML, XHTML and CSS, so that I could get back to some of the good habits I know I should be adhering to.
This book is well written and very pretty to read. Sometimes the coloured markup of code can be more distracting than it is useful, but it beats having to see the effects of various CSS techniques without having to do them yourself. It is structured in as much as it assumes you know nothing about HTML or the construction of websites/pages at all, and builds up to topics such as browser interpretations of CSS and Ecommerce. The line between HTML and XHTML I found to be very grey and not very well discussed within the book. Also I found some of the example code given to be 'dumps' rather than inline expalinations which I think would have helped to clear up some of the overall complexity in some of the code.
For me it's a little too simplistic. I skipped through over 2/3 of the book before finding anything that really deserved being read, and even then it was a little too superficial. I'm now looking at products like "CSS & XHTML: The Complete Reference" and "HTML, XHTML, and CSS All-in-one Desk Reference for Dummies" to get me writing tidier code and better UIs.
I guess what I'm saying is, if your a beginner this is as-good-a reference point to start as any other; if you're already versed in HTML and understand what it means to FTP your site code to a server then their are other resources that might better suit your requirements.

4.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, 5 Oct 2011
This review is from: HTML, XHTML and CSS For Dummies (Paperback)
All books for dummies are very very helpful and written with a lot of details.It worths buying it.The only problem I had is that arrived late.It took about a month since I made the purchase.

HTML, XHTML and CSS For Dummies
HTML, XHTML and CSS For Dummies by Jeff Noble (Paperback - 6 Jun 2008)
Used & New from: 0.01