5.0 out of 5 stars Know it all

2.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't the right move for me
Published on 10 July 2012 by georgi

5.0 out of 5 stars Know it all, 13 May 2010
This review is from: GIS for Dummies (Paperback)
An amazing book. I've worked in GIS for over 15 years and this book was bought as a bit of a joke. How wrong was I? It holds so much useful knowledge, I didn't realise how little I actually knew on the wider subject. If you're new to the subject or like me, think you know it all, this book might just surprise you. I started reading it with the intention of going cover to cover. Better to 'dip in' and read what you need. A book to definately have on your shelf.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for explanations!, 23 July 2012
This review is from: GIS for Dummies (Paperback)
Overall I found the book to be good as it explains what the main features of GIS are as well as where you can go to source things. However, if you require a step by step guide (which i was sort of looking for) this is not the book for you. If such instructions were added, the book would definately receive 5 stars. However, still a very good / useful book nonetheless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: GIS for Dummies (Paperback)
Very useful to undesrstand ArcGis and to start working with the software. Simple language. Useful not only for beginners but also for people that are already familar with ArcGis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comes in handy, 29 Dec 2011
This review is from: GIS for Dummies (Paperback)
Bought this to help me in my geography degree course. Really coming in handy. Full of useful info, easy to understand. Great reference book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't the right move for me, 10 July 2012
This review is from: GIS for Dummies (Paperback)
I am working on my thesis right now and for it I had to learn ArcGIS 9.3 and I tought that this book will help but it is too basic from my point of view. I have started to read it and i was going nowhere so I turned to the ESRI tutorial books that helped a lot better. The Dummies book dosen't explain showing the picture of how to actually do it it's just text and that from my point of view it isn't helpful at all. If you are the type that learns visually I wouldn't buy this.

4.0 out of 5 stars GIS for Dummies, 27 Jan 2012
This review is from: GIS for Dummies (Paperback)
This was bought as a gift for a GIS student. I presume the content is good as it was requested.

GIS for Dummies
GIS for Dummies by Michael N. DeMers (Paperback - 13 Feb 2009)