5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect physiology textbook
This is a great, straightforward and easy to read textbook. It is not as heavy-going as some that are recommended on our medical course, but I have found it deep enough to get through Stage 1 medicine.

It integrates real labelled cadaver pictures with diagrams, photos and text in an interesting, manageable way. Even difficult concepts are well explained and...
Published on 2 Feb 2009 by Ashleigh Manning

3.0 out of 5 stars A marmite book
I say Marmite because you either love this book or you hate it, the same goes for tutors aswell. Im studying medicine and some tutors claim this to be the bible and others say its a load of rubbish. Overall its good for physiology but not so good for anatomy.
Published on 5 Oct 2010 by 123sball

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for basics, 5 April 2010
This review is from: Principles of Anatomy and Physiology: WITH Atlas AND Registration Card (2 Vol Set), ISV (Paperback)
Love Tortora, use it to get a basic idea of what I need to know and the info in here is really good to build on. It doesn't go into lots of detail (or the level that I need) on most things but I can always understand the main processes and concepts on reading Tortora. Clear and concise explanations - couldn't do without it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Principles of Anatomy and Physiology: WITH Atlas AND Registration Card (2 Vol Set), ISV, 2 April 2010
I love this book!! Super-informative, well paced - it is a fantastic study aid and actually better than my lecturer. The outlined objectives and checkpoint questions which bookend each concept help to cement the new knowledge, as do the questions at the end of each chapter. The diagrams and visual aids are fantastic too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for any human anatomy student or practitioner, 9 Feb 2010
Great book. I used the earlier edition a great deal throughout my BSc Human Biology and Sports Science degree and have now bought the handy 2 volume addition for use during my MSc in Physiotherapy. Much cheaper than the hard back and in my mind it is a sensible option for those that do not wish to lug around the whole book when you can now just carry the half you need for the day. Highly recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Study Aid!, 22 Jan 2010
Ms. N. Morrison (UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book because of the high reviews it was getting from my teacher.

I have to say it was the best choice for my first anatomy and physiology book, as its detail and depth is amazing.

It is worth noting though that it is very detailed and unless you have a real interest or are working at degree level, it may be more than you need. Sometimes you need a simpler book also alongside to understand the detail it delves into from word one.

But anyone going into this field will find it like the bible to a religious person, you will not be able to put it down, I haven't!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 28 Nov 2009
M. Williams (england) - See all my reviews
Principles of anatomy and physiology was a great purchase. The illustrations are clear and it is easy to follow. If I had purchased these books before some others I have bought, I could have saved some money as do not really use the others anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very prompt delivery., 13 Nov 2009
I had this posted to my son at University and it reached him the next day. He has found it invaluable in his physiotherapy studies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 12 Nov 2009
E. L. Haworth "Emlin" (Gloucester, UK) - See all my reviews
A must have for anyone studying anatomy and physiology. Detailed enough for most healthcare professions although I can not vouch for doctors. Well presented and easy to take in.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 4 Nov 2009
Principles of Anatomy and Physiology: WITH Atlas AND Registration Card (2 Vol Set): With Atlas and Registration Card, 2 Volume Set, ISV (Paperback.
good book cheaper than every where else

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Oct 2009
Having decided to change career paths and study naturapathic nutrition this book was essential to gaining the background knowledge required. I have to say it has been over 15 years that I last had anything to do with this subject and this book is brilliant as it is so easy to read and explains everything. Not only is it a great text book it also has great resources and extra support through it's dedicated website which is accessed using the activation code which comes with the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 Sep 2009
Maxien (Cheltenham, UK) - See all my reviews
This set of books was part of my reading list for University and after taking a quick browse through it from the University library i decided it would be a good buy. It will carry me through my entire University career and is clean cut and easy to understand. The atlas is a fantastic addition and the free registration to a very good tutorial site on biology is amazing. I really cannot think of another fantastic book to buy. I have everything i need to aide my learning.

Used & New from: 25.93