5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and motivational
Published on 17 Nov 2008 by Alex

1.0 out of 5 stars Not one for the busy entrepreneur!
Published on 1 Sep 2010 by Kent V. Austin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and motivational, 17 Nov 2008
Alex (Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day (Paperback)
I run a small website and SEO has always been on my list of things to do yet I could never find enough motivation to sit down and actually find out what the whole fuss is about and how to go about being a part of it. This book certainly sorted this out for me once and for all. It's very much like a user-friendly textbook (and one does not come across these very often) which takes you step by step through all the stages of implementing a successful SEO. It's very suitable for people like myself running a small internet business on top of normal 9-5, but it will be equally appropriate for a medium-sized company or a large organization. What I liked the most is the fact that the authors made an effort and broke this seemingly impossible for one person task into small managable chunks or hours and if you just do one bit at a time you know that in the end you're going to achieve what you set out to achieve. Highly recommended and probably one of the best on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, 2 May 2009
This review is from: Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day (Paperback)
As someone who undertakes SEO projects for clients as well as working on the SEO of our company's website, I found this book immensely useful.

While I'm well versed in SEO from working on SEO projects large and small and with various SEO agencies too, I still learned plenty, and found this book particularly useful as a blueprint on which to base client SEO projects.

The reason for this is that its structure makes it easy to show a client exactly what you will be doing over a period of months when you undertake an SEO project for them, and this makes writing an SEO proposal and planning the work simple.

It also puts emphasis on reporting and tracking, two things that are not at all glamorous but essential if you are to prove effectiveness to the client. Finally, it is a good book to base employee SEO training on.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 May 2009
This review is from: Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day (Paperback)
Well, what a beautifully fantastic book.

Completely up to date, realistic for anybody whether your a SME or anything but, with precise information that is straight to the point.

I have only ever used 3 resources for SEO, SEO for dummies, which was ok but a bit out dated from when i bought it due to Google's ever changing algorithms, an online ebook which was fantastic for starting out from Freeleadswebinar, and this book.

An Hour a Day is undoubtedly the best resource i have come across and i'm looking forward to using it and dominating my niche on Google. I wouldn't bother with SEO for dummies, but freeleadswebinar is good if your from the UK. This book is more universal and for everybody.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not one for the busy entrepreneur!, 1 Sep 2010
Kent V. Austin (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day (Paperback)
I bought this book in the expectation that it would provide a structured, no nonsense guide to SEO. Sadly the complete opposite is true. This book is poorly written, full of unnecessary and painfully laboured digressions and takes way too long to get to the point about anything(if indeed it ever does). The section on PPC, to name but one, is laughably bad. Save your time and money and go for something more concise.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled by the positive reviews, 2 May 2010
R. Cresswell (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day (Paperback)
I can normally trust a book by the reviews but I seriously can not understand why their are any positive reviews for this one!
I have been on a few SEO courses so know a little.
FIRSTLY: I found it strange how much praise the author was giving her own book- i thought well i have bought it now this is unnecessary.
The obvious answer is that the author is all about SELL SELL SELL selling her services as a SEO specialist. You need to go onto her website as part of the activities.
She makes SEO seem so tedious and more complicated than it is so that the reader will decide not to do it themselves and rather use her services.

I was getting very annoyed reading this book and half way through it was more than obvious what was going on!
I strongly recommend not reading this book. If you look at some of the positive reviews they almost seem like they are written by friends or relatives.......

1.0 out of 5 stars Just an ad for something else really., 11 Sep 2009
This review is from: Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day (Paperback)
I found it to be more of an advert for a service you have to sign up for and pay a monthly fee, I returned the book and bought "search engine optimisation for dummies", you learn more from the inside cover on that than you can from this whole book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aimed at beginners, still great for pro's., 6 Sep 2009
E. de Bosdari (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day (Paperback)
This book is ground up, detailed and expertly managed into bite size tasks - a must for beginners. Not being a beginner myself, I have benefitted enormously from the organisation element of the book, combined with the spreadsheets that can be downloaded from the accompanying website, yourseoplan.com. I really think that I will be able to do 50% more with my time now that I have begun to implement their time-management strategies (and that's not just because I was disorganised to start with!)

Get this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars V useful guide for non-techies, 28 July 2009
Sartay (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day (Paperback)
I haven't finished reading this book yet but am finding it a very useful guide. I'm not a compueter techie at all, just a sole-trader trying to promote my business. This book is written in simple, useful terms and offers easy to follow tasks with a supporting website where you can download the forms they suggest using for the tasks. Overall, big thumbs up so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars the only seo/sem book you need, 7 April 2009
R. Lloyd "marketing ideas" (barcelona) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day (Paperback)
Excellent book, simply put - brilliant! i cannot put it down. amazing results from commited plan 'supervised' by the authors. very very happy. buy it, read it, and then make sure your web department/agency has one - so they know that you know!

Advice for success: download and print all of the worksheets. do all of the simple exercises, or come back to them and do them when you have a net connection. get your highlighter pen ready from chapter 6. good luck!

4.0 out of 5 stars Book Review, 25 April 2010
This review is from: Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day (Paperback)
This book is very informative and gives excellent in depth advice. A must for all aspiring web site owners.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day
Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day by Gradiva Couzin (Paperback - 11 April 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01