5.0 out of 5 stars Definitive guide to process improvement
Published on 17 Aug. 2009 by boblet

2.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Edition a problem
The Improvement Guide was my first venture into a kindle text or reference book and I was disappointed with the functionality.

THE BOOK IS TERRIFIC. I'm going to order a print edition.

Published on 10 April 2012 by Alison

2.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Edition a problem, 10 April 2012

THE BOOK IS TERRIFIC. I'm going to order a print edition.

As a reference/text book user I want my electronic books to behave as I would use a reference book. Dipping in to check a subject, reading whole chapters. Page number equivalents are a must, its a very large book, as is a index with hyperlinks. The index was just a list with no numbers at all. I could not look up driver diagrams for example. The descriptions of the Appendices needs to be more comprehensive, they are so long they need there own table of contents. I would like to tag several pages so the link a topic I am researching and I would like to be able to add my own comments in the margins. It needs to be an interactive experiences that give you advantages over a paper reference book. At the moment the kindle edition is hard/impossible to use.

Kindle for PC - down loaded this specifically for the Improvement Guide. Again disappointed with the functionality, i was expecting to be able to whose whole page, and as I have a wide screen read side by side pages. Did I miss something?

Here is a challenge for improvement, I have high hopes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitive guide to process improvement, 17 Aug. 2009
This review is from: The Improvement Guide: A Practical Approach to Enhancing Organizational Performance (Hardcover)
This is the book that first presented the Model for Improvement to the world. It draws on principles of understanding and improving processes from many different disciplines, but is mostly based on the movement begun by the Toyota Production System. It cites Deming's work extensively. It's surprisingly readable, with lots of real world examples, building the theoretical framework in a cyclical fashion through the book. The appendix provides a wealth of practical tips to get you started with improvement, or help creative thinking about existing problems or projects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for service Improvement, 28 May 2014
This book was a godsend when undertaking my service improvement dissertation! So easy to read and understand. A must have for service improvement!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book on the subject, 28 Nov. 2014
An excellent book on the subject. The core ideas are updated, continuous improvement, six sigma in a more joined up way of delivering performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Improvement & Capacity Building, 21 Nov. 2013
As an M&E expert, this book is an excellent guide to my continued growth in the area of capacity building.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 21 Sept. 2014
Exactly as advertised. Excellent.