Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 June 2012
I read the other 4 (good) reviews and ordered the book. My son has recently been diagnosed as Type 1 Diabetic. One of the reviews had mentioned that the book was written for an American audience, but that it was still useful. What it did not mention is that all the measurements (blood glucose levels in particular) are in US , not the same as UK mmo/l which, in my opinion, makes it useless if you are still getting to grips with the whole concept. Add to that the references to American Presidents and American restaurant brands, it gets a big thumbs down from an English person trying to come to terms with a condition that is already strange and confusing.
on 13 May 2014
I haven't got to the end of this book just yet, but I did find it helpful. It does seem partially directed at parents of those with diabetes, and I don't have a child with diabetes, but I'm still find it pretty useful and interesting.
on 18 February 2011
This book is very good.It is suitable for a wide range of people who want to know about type 1 Diabetes. Don't be put off by the 'for dummies'.This book is very informative whilst still being easy to understand. The lay out is clear and logical with great advice.
I would recommend it for newly diagnosed diabetics, their family and other careers as well as nurses on all levels. The language used and methord of explaination would benefit many people.
on 26 February 2013
The service was very accurate and arrived earlier than I thought.
The content of the book it is fine and useful when you don't know anything about diabetes 1 but if you have disagnosed with diabetes you may need deeper and more professional information about what your body is going through and what do you need to do to be controlled.
on 9 February 2011
This book is very informative and I would certainly recommend it.

However, it is written in a rather annoying way. The author has not decided on an audience and so addresses you as the patient in one sentence and then your child as the patient in another.

Although the book is written from an American healthcare point of view this shouldn't put any non-American readers off as it only impacts on a small part of the book.
on 13 October 2010
Thank you, as a newly diagnosed Diabetic I desperately needed down to earth, non medical information, and this is it. I am getting to understand my condition, I am not afraid of it any more, and I don't need a medical dictionary to help me find out what I need to know.
on 11 September 2010
My partner has diabetes and needed idiot proof book so I knew what was what and why !