4.0 out of 5 stars One of the most thumbed books on my computer bookshelf
VBScript Programmer's Reference has helped me along the way as I've gone from an absolute beginner with VBScript based active server pages to reasonably accomplished.
Published on 3 Aug. 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Contains lots of info but hard to find due to poor index
This book is well written and seems to contain everything you may need to know about VBScripting. Unfortunately the index is poor and subjects I would have expected to locate easily often dont appear in the index though they are usually somewhere in the book, just take a long time to locate. Would have been 4 or 5 stars but for this.
Published on 3 Dec. 2000 by trevsearle@btinternet.com

3.0 out of 5 stars Contains lots of info but hard to find due to poor index, 3 Dec. 2000

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the most thumbed books on my computer bookshelf, 3 Aug. 2000
By A Customer
To be fair, my usage has only concentrated on the first few chapters (basic language concepts) and some of the appendices (reference materials) but these have many times provided the answers I've needed for creating dynamic web pages.
When I was looking for a reference on VBScript, I wasn't spoilt for choice (the VBScript section was tiny compared to the burgeoning JavaScript shelves) but I think that even if the positioning of these two scripting languages were reversed, this book would still stand out above many others.
All in all, another very good reference manual from Wrox... I look forward to experimenting with the contents of a few more chapters over the coming months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, easy to follow guide for beginners, 16 Nov. 2000
By A Customer
As a non-programer, I found this book an excellent introduction. It assumes no experience and clearly and concisely takes you through each step.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting book., 17 May 2012
John Donaghan "john donaghan" (newtownabbey, ireland) - See all my reviews
I found this book full of information on Visual Basic .vbs, which i have found very helpful. Great reference book for a learner like myself !

1.0 out of 5 stars A good book with a bad index is a bad book, 12 July 2000
By A Customer
I've had this book for about 6 months now and I've lost count of the times I've wasted minutes trying in vain to find information, which I know is in there...
The index of the book is the culprit, basic things..ASP, string.. for example aren't indexed so trying to look up information becomes a real effort (although I'm convinced it's all there somewhere.
The previous reviewer sings the books praises and I can only think that this is due to reading it cover to cover, a book with reference in the title should be that... this isn't and I'd advise readers requiring a reference to look elsewhere

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic-the definative VB Script reference/Training Manual, 12 April 2000
doug@tvwiz.com (Marlborough, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this book to help me learn ASP. I was surprised at how well laid out this book is with excelent sections not only on VB Script but also ASP, COM components with MTS, Classes in VB Script, WSH, and ADO; together with excellent appendicies on VB Script, Code conventions, Error codes, scripting runtime lib, Windows script host, the browser OM, ASP and ADO objects . This book is a credit to Wrox and the authors. This is the only book you will ever need on VB Script, superb. If you are a beginner or serious professional programmer you need this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Has Been Gold Dust For Me, 19 Jan. 2001
I have lost count the number of times this book has been whipped out of my drawer and consulted for a particular problem that I have encountered. Concequently it lives at work follows me to site and never gathers dust.
Fair enough if you think that the index is bad but the book is broken down into specific chapters so if you know what you are stuck on it is not very hard to find the solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket if you want to add scripting to your VB app., 9 April 2002
Chris Fitzsimons (harlow, essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I found this title to be excellent. I needed to know about adding scripting to my VB application and the VBScript Programmers Reference explained everything in detail without becoming confusing. I recommend this book to everyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad book but not what I'm looking for, 28 May 2002
Well written and easy to follow.
Very few scripting errors. BUT I was hoping for something to help me access databases through ASP. There is only one small chapter on this subject even though it must be one of the most common applications of VBScript. I have now bought "Beginning ASP databases" (same publisher) and I hope this is more helpful.

VBScript Programmer's Reference (Programmer to Programmer)
VBScript Programmer's Reference (Programmer to Programmer) by Daniel Read (Paperback - 5 Oct. 2007)