1.0 out of 5 stars This Is Over My Head, 7 Jun 2010
This review is from: Professional IIS 7 and ASP.NET 2.0 Integrated Programming (Paperback)
I bought this book because I wanted to learn about Server Side ASP.NET programming using Microsoft products like I.I.S but I think this book must be aimed at professionals who already have vast experience. It doesn't start at the beginning or give a general overview. Maybe its just me. I am a beginner on Server Side stuff, I will come back to this book when I have a better basic understanding from another simpler book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Useful for a very small niche otherwise pointless, 15 Oct 2009
I got this book on the incorrect assumption that it would help me deploy my asp.net sites to the new IIS7 (which is totally different to IIS6). Unfortunatley it doesn't. The book is aimed squarely at people who will program for the new features of IIS7, which surely not many people are going to do. Even the basics such as the Application Pool mode "Classic" or "Integrated" are not covered. I still don't know the true differnece between these (I can take a guess or search the web, but I wanted a book)! Read the description clearly before buying to ensure you are getting what you expect.

Professional IIS 7 and ASP.NET 2.0 Integrated Programming
Professional IIS 7 and ASP.NET 2.0 Integrated Programming by Shahram Khosravi (Paperback - 19 Oct 2007)
33.99